old crow medicine show

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Murray you Madman, you must catch the live shows. I think you can stream them on an interweb site Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour http://www.woodsongs.com/showlist.asp. where you can see tons of acts like this. Old Crow Medicine show is just another fine example of the "Americana" that some of the college stations are playing now ( like WUMB streaming at the University of Massachusetts Boston ). Second to my bikes there's nothing like seeing any live show and if you can ride your bike there...woohoo! On the Cape here where I live all the towns have a bandstands and there is live music any day of the week in the summer just by going a few towns over.

In New England we have Crooked Still that is like Old Crow Medicine Show. I found a pretty good example of the celloist rocking "Railroad Bill" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh5zmCcrRAA&feature=related. Check them out.

Also my wife and I are fond of Red Molly though they have made a change in members are a great bunch to see live.

Our old hippy days have brought us back to seeing Arlo Guthrie at the Chandler Theater in Randolf Vermont. A little ways to travel, still in New England, but we will make a fun weekend in November.

Graylock

man i love old crow ..one of my favorite bands ...really cool 2 know other people r hearing them finally ...u guys should check out the whip radio station ...www.wwhp.com ...u can listen live ...it is really awsome tons of great music like that !!! just a few people u will hear on this station ...ray wylie hubbard ,hayes carll, band of heatens ,levon helm ,jj grey and mo fro ,paul thorn,nitty gritty dirt band ,justin townes earl, john prine, john hiatt ,james mc murtry ,wayne hancock, hank 3 ,infomus stringdusters,fred eaglesmith ,del mccurry band,carolyn wonderland,the bottle rockets,slaid cleaves,steeldrivers,two tons of steel,tommy castro ,watermelon slim ...anyway check any of these folks out ..all good tunes !!!! mike

sounds like you live in a good location to catch alot of good shows graylock! the wife and i are thinking of going to bonaroo next year. hey mike, i am listening to the whip right now as i am writing! seems like a cool station! :wink:

yeah its a really cool station ...they have great shows that they put on ...ive actually seen several of the people on the list i wrote ..pretty good music scene here in centreal illinois ...keep on jammin the whip ..it only gets better !!!!! daytime tunes r when it really gets good ...!!! mike

mikebikes36,

That is an impressive list, and I need to check out some of the artists that you name that I have not heard, Thanks for that!

Can I add, Reckless Kelly, Chris Wall, The Famous Motel Cowboys, (Idaho) - Cross Canadian Ragweed, Stoney LaRue, Jimmy LaFave, Great Divide ( Stillwater, OK Red Dirt, and I'm a Texas boy), Darrell Scott and Tim O'Brian (Kentucky - North Carolina) Darrell is an amazing guitarist/performer. The whole Austin Tx. scene has some amazing bands/ artists. Check out Alejandro Escovedo, Randy Rogers Band, Jim Lauderdale, Max Stallinging, and many, many others! If you just have to to go to to Nash-Vagas, Buddy Miller produced an outstanding CD for Solomon Burke titled "Nashville". Buddy by himself will blow your doors off! Ft. Worth, Tx. has a large number of Texas Blues Guitar Slingers. T-Bone Burnett lately worked with Stephen Bruton on music for the film "Crazy Heart" in Stephen's last days due to cancer. RIP Stephen! So much wonderful music to find just under the radar, so little time! :D I'm leaving out a whole list of Texas artists who don't deserve to not be mentioned. The "Americana" grenea of artists are IMHO the very best of music today. My .02 MMV of course!

hey jerrykr ...i heard of most of them guys also ....the play em on the whip radio station up here ...WWW.WWHP.COM..check it out if ya find time!!!! i agree on the americana scean ..im really diggin it ...u prolly heard of two tons of steel ...there commin back ..ill b seein them again also ..justin townes earl ..band of heathens ...jj grey and mofro ...all commin 2 town ill b seein them also ...i just love the live music scean up here ...just keeps gettin better and better ...there is a little bar in saybrook illinois...just a little bitty ole town ..been havin some great shows there ...seen wayne hancock there 2 times ..fred eaglesmith played there ..lots of great local bands and national acts also ...!!! the fabulos thunderbirds played in bloomington 2 nite ...it was pretty good ...anyway nice 2 hear from someone on the same musical wave as myself ....mike

hey mike, don't leave out Chris Knight, and be sure and yell "2 TONS" out real loud and often! :D :D

img1285009745310.jpg

got this last time i seen em ...they r some cool cats ...thr drummer still calls my buddy korny all the time ...at like 3 or 4 in the mornin ..." hey man were in so and so town ..still up jammin " ...LOL glad he didnt get my number !!! mike

Hey Mike, right now listening to an NPR story about Robert Plant's new CD "Band of Joy" on Fresh Air. Robert has solidly found our artists. Buddy Miller and Darrell Scott are mentioned as having a big part in this new CD. Of course he did "Raising Sand" with Allison Krause, IMHO a fantastic choice of his for a "new" direction to go for the English rocker. Don't we know it! Love your 2 tons poster. I've seen them once, Darrel Lee Rush opened, they played next, and Chris Knight did an acoustic headliner after the Tons. The crazy mix worked, because CK is so friggin' good!, and we out in the chairs appreciated each of them.

jerrykr said:
.........Of course he did "Raising Sand" with Allison Krause, IMHO a fantastic choice of his for a "new" direction to go for the English rocker...........

I have not heard that cut as of yet and I won't make judgement on it till I do but what they did together on their last CD I thought is was a missmatched attempt to get Plant out. Krause and Plant's voice are to much the same but he does have that little LZ sound creeping through. His best bet is to sit down with Jimmy Page and crank out a garage session. IMMHO :roll:

If you haven't yet seen it and you can for free on Comcast Fancast check out Jimmy Page in that movie about the guitar in "This will get loud" or something like that title

.......earphones on and cranking Old Crow Medicine Show..............

Graylock

Latest posts

Back