Old Hot Rod Magazines.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I found a pile of old hot rod mags while goofing around this weekend. I bought as many as i had cash to pay for. really cool stuff in these old papers.
Anyone know if these are worth anything? I don't wanna mess em up if they are.
photo_zps1a901f0d.jpg

Years are ranging from 58 to 69

I don't know, but those would be so cool to look through!!!!

Looks like $2-10 each for the Hot Rod Magazines
Maybe about the same for the others too.
Going by SOLD listings on ebay.

Sweet! I paid $0.56 a piece for them. Strange price but I figured at that price at least it was worth it for reading material and possible art projects.

I used to have boxes of hotrod magazines and bmx and skate magazines but got rid of them over the years. wish I still had all of them about all I have left is a January 91 Thrasher magazine

dragnusa said:
I used to have boxes of hotrod magazines and bmx and skate magazines but got rid of them over the years. wish I still had all of them about all I have left is a January 91 Thrasher magazine
I know the feeling. I get rid of things and later wish I hadn't too. But I guess that's better than keeping everything and not being able to find it. That's how people end up on tv shows. :)
At least if you passed them on, someone else got to enjoy them too.

They aren't worth much but they are cool to look through! I used to have subscription but I let it run out. I kept a handful of issues but threw the rest out in the garage sale last year for cheap.

My theory is that magazines, unused clothes, and unwanted bed sheets are dust collectors. So I only keep them if I read them.

Any of them from the 70's? Just asking because my 48 chev sedan delivery was in one of the old hot rod mags in that time period. Wasn't mine at the time, but the guy that originally built it had possession of it before I stole it! :mrgreen:

I have quite a few missing the front cover I haven't looked at many of them yet. I will peek at them and let you know if I find your ride in one Pick. If I find it you can have it.

Diabolical_Dork said:
I have quite a few missing the front cover I haven't looked at many of them yet. I will peek at them and let you know if I find your ride in one Pick. If I find it you can have it.

You are the man! 8)

pick said:
Any of them from the 70's? Just asking because my 48 chev sedan delivery was in one of the old hot rod mags in that time period. Wasn't mine at the time, but the guy that originally built it had possession of it before I stole it! :mrgreen:

I have the 1970 issue with the Mongoose dragster on the cover. I don't recall seeing a '48 Chevy sedan in there though.

Latest posts

Back