Old "lever, shaft" brake system bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what ive got here? With the shaft style brake through the front fender it has to be old. Is it English? British?
Any ideas? Of course wheels are not for this bike. Just on it temporarily.

englishbike1.jpg

englishbike3.jpg

englishbike2.jpg

Thanks

I do say,1918 Ranger 'ol chap...British...English...same,you know.(LOL) Cool bike but what in the sam hill is behind the seatpost...is that a trailer hitch? Sure looks to be one,eh?...P 8)

Pappy said:
I do say,1918 Ranger 'ol chap...British...English...same,you know.(LOL) Cool bike but what in the sam hill is behind the seatpost...is that a trailer hitch? Sure looks to be one,eh?...P 8)

Well you know British and English is the same. Just seeing if you are paying attention. LOL Maybe I mean French, German, British?
Yea it looks like a hitch for sure.
Ever see that before? My first!!

The tire scrubber brake is more of a German thing than a British thing. The cranks on a British bike would also probably be cottered. Does the coaster have a makers mark on it?

mos6502 said:
The tire scrubber brake is more of a German thing than a British thing. The cranks on a British bike would also probably be cottered. Does the coaster have a makers mark on it?

Yes the brake lever arm did have a name. Ill have to get it.

Latest posts

Back