Old tools

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Ok so as many of you know I have a passion... Ok obsession with vintage tools. I buy them every time I can find them cheap at flea markets, yard sales, and pawn shops. Well today was no exception. I spotted this very cool, very old, and very heavy piece of craftsman equipment today and I'm not 100% sure exactly what it does. I know it's some sort of jigsaw. When I spin the pulley the blade goes up and down so I assume it is powered by an external motor via a v-belt. Maybe throw a pulley on my bench grinder and run a v-belt to it? Swap to chain drive and peddle power it? Either way for $5 I just had to heave it in the back of the wagon and take it home.

craftsman-scroll-saw-and-craftsman-band-saw-21259960.jpg

Found an image that shows one set up and working. Doesn't look too difficult to make a frame for it. Definitely not a space saver though. Also found out it was made in the mid to late 1940's.
:cool2:Old-school Cool:cool2:

...inspired me to only buy vintage home shop tools over the years. They can be bought for a fraction of the cost of new machines and the quality is far superior:
And they look cool! :cool2:

Great find for 5 bucks outskirts!

Seafoam green needs to make a comeback in the auto market too, especially two tone with white.

Also found a few other tools in the alley coming home from work, a Hitachi chop saw that works! Just had a chunk off the base but doesn't affect it working. Then found what I think is a screw gun that I have no idea if it doesn't work or I have to load it first. Post pics later.

Latest posts

Back