Olive Oil

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same angle grinder tool, just a different wheel instead of the cutting or sanding wheel.
When you get the flap discs, get the adapter as well, it gets the wheel out away from the grinder more to get into tight spaces. And remove the shield / guard from the grinder as well.
Here's a stock photo of some discs. I usually use the 60 grit, but it comes in a finer 80 grit and rougher 40 grit as well.
View attachment 99519
Here's a vid where this guy uses an extra lock nut to extend the range of your disc (surface area covered) and still able to use the guard.

Thanks on the flap disc tip! Made a world of difference.

Back to where I was about 5 weeks ago! Full steam ahead.
Thanks for all the tips! Keeping my boy involved!
365C897A-1FD1-4519-8CF2-A763EA19C4D6.jpeg

Is there a way to rotate photos on here?
9 out of 10 times they’re upside down or sideways. They look correct on the iPad.

Anyway ... laid down the base color for the pinstripe and masked it off with some nice 1/4” modeling tape.
8DD2FDDE-4B93-4C70-AB28-09A3A61785DA.jpeg

Decided I didn’t like either of those greens and went with my third try is the charm ... light woodland satin green.
59FB9607-CD3B-458A-B78F-EBB074FD9643.jpeg

Is there a way to rotate photos on here?
I just had it happen on another thread...I usually just open up the pic in my photo editor and re-save it (changing nothing). Upload the re-saved image and it usually is proper orientation.

Sometimes I'll have a stubborn one that I have to rotate in the editor, then save and upload again.

I just had it happen on another thread...I usually just open up the pic in my photo editor and re-save it (changing nothing). Upload the re-saved image and it usually is proper orientation.

Sometimes I'll have a stubborn one that I have to rotate in the editor, then save and upload again.
^ this. iOS saves the orientation that you took the photo in. I do the ‘edit, rotate, save, re-rotate’ method as well.

Home stretch!
Paint is nearly finished. Next step with paint is to make the tank inset gloss while maintaining the satin finish on the rest of the frame.
Step 1.
F5140C02-527D-42DA-8E19-FFD7BE2AF4B9.jpeg

Step 2.
D683018E-759C-4441-AADF-BD855B734DCE.jpeg

Step 3. Double masking the stripes to hand brush paint a thin black stripe surrounding the red. Never tried this before and am hoping for the best.
Step. 3
299E30BD-6E16-4A0E-A3A5-2BB7309B2BDD.jpeg

Results. Mixed bag ... some of the black lifted and had to go back in freehand to retouch. I was torn between pulling the tape while paint was fresh or dry.
00FAE9B7-ED07-47B5-8921-488CB2B29DF6.jpeg

Last step, as stated above, my plan is to re-mask and gloss the inset area.

I like the Harley paint scheme

Parts final fit night!
Might have been close to a test ride tonight until I realized I already used the 2 chains I had set aside for this build on my Daisy Daisy tandem rebuild.
Good news is I should make deadline!
A1F3C424-3B6D-4EEA-968F-305FF0F01C24.jpeg

D0D6F074-0126-460D-822A-C936E7A43C9C.jpeg

Trying to figure out some sort of kickstand maybe?
I have this little metal, welded up frame stand. If I could figure out away to hinge it.
3C91AF76-72E1-4249-B0D0-1110EDDE6214.jpeg

Nice work Unc Shish! Those wheels look big, 29ers? I like that little stand. Is it pretty firm the way it sits in that photo? If it is you could just use a couple of clips hanging off the bottom of the frame and snap it in when you are ready to ride again.

Nice work Unc Shish! Those wheels look big, 29ers? I like that little stand. Is it pretty firm the way it sits in that photo? If it is you could just use a couple of clips hanging off the bottom of the frame and snap it in when you are ready to ride again.
Wheels are indeed 29s. Good eye!

I like the snap in idea for the stand. However, the stand, as-is, is not something that I would trust the stability of without being more firmly attached to the frame itself. My wheels are turning ...

Latest posts

Back