On The Road Again (Mackinac Island)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCF5218.JPG

Our trail bikes are loaded.

Re: A Sign Of Good Things To Come

enjoy it while you can!! pretty soon they will only wanna go riding with their friends... :roll:

Re: A Sign Of Good Things To Come

scrumblero said:
enjoy it while you can!! pretty soon they will only wanna go riding with their friends... :roll:
Actually the "good things to come" is vacation. The wife and I are heading off on a trip to go riding. The Grandsons were just helping me get ready.

They did go for a ride with me this morning before loading the bikes though.

The other night the Grand-Daughter helped me prep the bikes for our trip.
IMG_1855.JPG

Re: On The Road Again

nice pics.. what parts of Michigan you ride through? how long of a trip did you take?
and thanks for the pics ..i need to get out more often...

Re: On The Road Again

jaysmo said:
nice pics.. what parts of Michigan you ride through? how long of a trip did you take?
and thanks for the pics ..i need to get out more often...
Thanks for the comment. We're still on the road.

Yesterday in Michigan we rode the Little Traverse Wheelway which runs from Charlevoix to Harbor Springs. N/W part of Michigan.

Here's a video from that ride http://youtu.be/azoIoibhaSg

Today we ferried our bikes to Mackinac Island which is well known for not allowing motor vehicles. Bicycles, horses and feet are the modes of transportation there. We rode around the entire island and then up into the center of island. Really neat seeing so many bicycles. Especially in a utilitarian way.

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7543.JPG

IMG_7630.JPG

IMG_7592.JPG

IMG_7580.JPG

Horse manure clean up trike
IMG_7636.JPG

I visited Mackinac Island when I was a kid with my family.

All I remember back then was the ferry ride, fudge, giant jawbreakers and bikes everywhere. :D

Would like to visit there again one day when my kids are older.

Rat Rod said:
I visited Mackinac Island when I was a kid with my family.

All I remember back then was the ferry ride, fudge, giant jawbreakers and bikes everywhere. :D

Would like to visit there again one day when my kids are older.

i love the fudge..being from Michigan we had field trip up there every year and yea...awesome place and a over load on bikes the first time i went i was like what no cars??? and man our school rented us all bikes .. oh man we had a blast... i love that place .... keep the adventure's going and the good time flowen locojoe...... :mrgreen:

Re: On The Road Again (Chicago)

aka_locojoe said:
Today we rode 35 miles on Chicago's lakefront trail. No big waves, no Skipton,

IMG_7432.JPG

IMG_7435.JPG

:lol: :lol:

What great pics! downtown looks so good from the south side Monroe Harbor is such a pretty place to ride looks like a perfect day! 8)

Next time let me know I would have loved to ride with you guys! and bought you lunch! :wink: :mrgreen:

Did you ride to the end of the lake path? north up to Hollywood Blvd?

Mackinac Island is a great bike place

and the fall is a perfect time to go. when all the kids are in school :wink:

Great pics.
Thanks for sharing

**** Just answered my own question. I watched the video. You did make it all the way up to Hollywood. looks like there was a strong North wind. Makes going back much easier :wink:

Great video looks like you two had a blast!

Thanks Steve. Here's a raw video riding down Mackinac Island main street http://youtu.be/OZFauV7Qct0

Skipton we rode to where I'm pretty sure the path ended at the North. There was a sign that said something to that effect. It's in the video if you can suffer through it. Thought about you while riding the path. Would really like to hook up with fellow RRBers when we're on these trips but we're generally moving through an area pretty fast and not on any kind of schedule. Just make our plans as we go.

Here's a few more photos from various places.
IMG_7692.JPG

IMG_7696.JPG

IMG_7697.JPG

DSCF5280.JPG

DSCF5274.JPG

IMG_7703.JPG

aka_locojoe said:
we're generally moving through an area pretty fast and not on any kind of schedule. Just make our plans as we go.

Completely understand :D

The video is great... you sure did make it all the way! The turn around is the end!

Looks like you guys had perfect weather on the whole trip.... love the yard art bikes!.... funny the "Recumbent Club" scarecrow rides a Wallmart mountain bike :wink: :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing

Final ride of this trip was the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail in Michigan. Video here http://youtu.be/Awqk68-h01w
Our first trip to Michigan and we were really impressed. I think Michigan makes our 33rd state we've ridden in plus Canada.

Thanks for following along!

Photos from the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail...
IMG_7740.JPG

IMG_7757.JPG

Here's a few other misc photos from the trip...

IMG_7511.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1903.JPG

IMG_7699.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

Latest posts

Back