One of my best finds..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was out doing service and pulled through a near by land fill and a guy was throwing this Cannondale frame into the Metal bin and I yelled hold up and ran up and asked him if I could have it he reluctantly said OK....He tossed a carbon fiber frame in to the dumpster before I saw him with the C/D frame....After I had the the C/D frame in my hand he went back to his car and he had another carbon fiber frame he placed it on the ground and the he crushed the chain stays and looked at me and tossed it into the container...I had a few friendly words for him as he left... :wink: Oh the Cannondale frame has a broken cable holder on the neck...One of my buds welds Aluminum ?
100_0571.jpg
100_0568.jpg
100_0569.jpg
100_0572.jpg
100_0573.jpg
100_0574.jpg
100_0575.jpg
100_0576.jpg
100_0577.jpg

Guy probably owns a bike shop. If things come in damaged, once they get reimbursed, the damaged parts are supposed to be destroyed.

Think about it, if that frame gets sold, made into a bike and them goes somewhere for a warrany service, there are gonna be serious questions to answer.

However, great find!!!

Looks like it has an integrated headset.

I think DANIMAL is spot on, working retail for a major portion of my career what he says is right if the get an ReturnGoodsAuthorization, they may be told to field destroy it and if it was to be found in circulation the vendore could be fined or lose their license or rights to sell. It sucks because a lot of good product goes to waste that could easily be used by those of us not interested in a minor scratch or ding. But here we are in america where everything is considered disposable.

bicycleguy said:
Does that use a 1 1/8 top race and a 1.5 bottom race for the headset?

Yes the the bottom race is larger than the top...Good eye. :wink:

CYRUS said:
I think DANIMAL is spot on, working retail for a major portion of my career what he says is right if the get an ReturnGoodsAuthorization, they may be told to field destroy it and if it was to be found in circulation the vendore could be fined or lose their license or rights to sell. It sucks because a lot of good product goes to waste that could easily be used by those of us not interested in a minor scratch or ding. But here we are in america where everything is considered disposable.

I dont think the guy was from a LBS I know them all by Name (not to many of them) he was a resident of our town .
I think he destroyed it cause he could..Besides he had an attitude ...If he was from a lbs all he would have to do is just explain that it needs to be destroyed because it was un safe or something to that effect. This guy just had money to burn..

Latest posts

Back