One real "COOL!" old school headlight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was getting the Pic"N" Nic cruiser pin stripped when I look over to see in a pile of other stuff a real old cool light!

upon closer inspection I find out it also has a build in Speedo!!!! and it's made by VDO to boot.....

how cool is that !!! :shock: :mrgreen: :shock:

IMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

does anybody have any further info on this cool set up? Hooch? Steve?

This may be for a bicycle, but more likely a european moped type scooter. Huret made something very similar and they pop up on ebay every so often. This one is German, Huret is French and I am sure there is a Spanish variant on it, just can't remember the name. I have never seen one as original equipment on a bicycle so that would lead me to believe it was aftermarket. Whatever the history it definitely is a very cool piece and would look cool on any bike!

Joe

Firewalker said:
plutonium...plutonium you say......I looked for the flux capacitor Marty
images

but I'm not sure I can generate 1.21 jigawatts with just the front tire alone

:wink: :mrgreen:
Where we're going, we don't need roads. :roll:

if the odo is indexed, you can count the rotations it clicks per mile.

or if you have something that turns at an exact speed (like a record player) then you can use some math to figure out the difference. then you can just get a little reduction gear for your bike.
I'd use an idler sprocket to drive it :idea:

Ummm, am I missing something? I'll admit having never seen one before, but dosen't it say "Tachometer" right on the face?

Juggler said:
Ummm, am I missing something? I'll admit having never seen one before, but dosen't it say "Tachometer" right on the face?
It does say tachometer, but that is referring to the "VDO Tachometer Werke" part of the deal. Basically it's German for VDO guage/meter manufacturing company...

Latest posts

Back