One...two came to my door!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A junker buddy just stopped by and said he found this old beauty that needs some tires and tubes but was in good shape i took a look and I could have got it for less but didn't have any bill smaller than a $20 but I was comfortable at that. It's an old sears with a torpedo hub. I really like the ratcheting shifter mechanism. Also has a nice speedo, light, and rear rat trap rack.

image-24.jpg

image-23.jpg

image-22.jpg

Re: One came to my door!

nice find and luck!! the pickers i have in my area wont sell anything to no one ....like they have gold i told a picker last week id give him 2 junk frames i have hangin in the garage for 1 frame he had in his trailer flat out NO... :shock: i mean i was giving more wieght than he was taking off...go figure...

Woo hoo! He just stopped by to drop off a few tires for the other and asked if I'd be interested in this one too. It's a girls huffy cranbrook but I'm diggin' the green. Only thing wrong with it is the crank arm is stripped out where the pedal goes in but that's an easy fix and I got parts laying around.

image-25.jpg

image-26.jpg

jaysmo said:
nice find and luck!! the pickers i have in my area wont sell anything to no one ....like they have gold i told a picker last week id give him 2 junk frames i have hangin in the garage for 1 frame he had in his trailer flat out NO... :shock: i mean i was giving more wieght than he was taking off...go figure...
Yeah I have a few like that but I buy from one of the scrapyards too and find plenty to keep me busy.

Im gonna have to look and see if the scrap yards in my area would let me in the look around...and that green does looks good on that huffy..i like the wheel color

love that Sears, I have the near twin in red. will have to find a pic.

nice find.

Thanks, I figure I'll clean it up a bit, find some decent tires in my pile and flip it for profit after I remove the light and speedo.

Nice and great price. In my neck of the woods you wouldn't find a bike like that for less than $100.

alexg said:
Nice and great price. In my neck of the woods you wouldn't find a bike like that for less than $100.
Same here but I posted the one at $50 and haven't had any hits on it yet. If it doesn't bring at least $50 I'll part it out on here. I know between the speedo and rack I'd get my money out of it.

Latest posts

Back