One very peculiar day!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got three new scores, and a free shower courtesy of mother nature.

I'll start at the beginning of this odd day, which began with my father and I working in his machine shop, when my uncle gary suddenly shows up with this neat 80's bmx.
2013-05-19152202.jpg

Another shot of it
2013-05-19152649.jpg

Anyone ever heard of "ST racing" before?
2013-05-19152713.jpg

Just as I was down to about 75 parts out of 300, my mom suddenly called me and said I had a message on the answering machine from a guy, searching for an adult trike. I gave him a ring back, and while I was on the line I remembered where I knew a trike was hiding at. About 6 miles down the road, at my neighbor Bob's house. So, after I got done on the line with the guy looking for the trike, I hopped on my beast and set off for bob's house. After a quick talk with bob, a greenback was exchanged, and I am the proud owner of this
2013-05-19160408.jpg

Unfortunately the little sears "free spirit" friction drive motor wasn't included with the purchase price of 50$. Here's a few more pictures
2013-05-19160250.jpg

One of the headbadge
2013-05-19160306.jpg

Here's where the day got interesting. (I had to leave the murray at Bob's house because it is trapped in his shed behind a few air cooled VW motors and VW dunebuggy's)
When I left bob's house, the sky was a nice steady blue. Then, at about 4 o'clock, I pulled into my friend walter's house. Walter is an auctioneer, and I help him out at sales frequently. after he got done laughing at the tires on the beast, I got three leads on upcoming auctions with bikes at them, and a woman's huffy "good vibrations" with a folded rear rim.

(space reserved for pic of the huffy, didn't take one yet b/c it's raining still)

Just as we were carrying the huffy out of the sticks, a huge flash of lightning and a blast of thunder about as loud as a .50 caliber muzzle loader ten foot away, announced the arrival of some severe torrential rain. Well, at this point Walter just flung the huffy into the bed of his truck, along with the beast, and we set off. The rain was so bad, it took us 8 minuets to go about 2 1/2 miles.

When we finally got to my place, it was dark enough to where the yard light had came on :shock: and Walter and I pulled the bikes out of the truck bed, and shook hands. He went on his way, and I eventually fought my way into the house, only to find my parents laughing at me like a pair of fools :roll: .

All in all, it's been one heck of a day. Thanks for reading this far! I'll give your eye's a rest.

Ccd

Latest posts

Back