Opinions on Buying Used computers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
2 years ago i bought a 2006 Powerbook G4-With box and everything for about 5-6 hundred, I completely forgot. It ran awesome, until the airport card came loose, then i shoved it in...worked again...And now its just slow and out-dated

What is your guys opinion on buying a used computer-One with an intel processor, and double or triple everthing my computer had. I want a new one with a box, because i figure it would boost its value.

What should i look out for?

I really need a new one for college.

You can get a decent new laptop for around $500 that will run circles around your old G4 powerbook. Getting it used, you don't really know how it's been treated, but that's the risk you take. Look for something with a good keyboard, and that has sturdy display hinges.

for the price I'd go on Pricewatch.com, they always have new and re-manufactured laptops that are nice and cheap.

my girlfriend's dad works on computers and all sorts of electronics, ill see if he can hook you up. :D

TheFlyingDingo said:
outskirtscustoms said:
for the price I'd go on Pricewatch.com, they always have new and re-manufactured laptops that are nice and cheap.
Do you have experience with these guys?

I have, I have gotten several parts from there, they watch the prices of alot of manufactures but they research them thoroughly. I have never had a problem yet. Also the prices are great, I got a brand new $500+ HP laptop for $255 + shipping

Hmm...Ill consider all of these things before i buy something.

I have emailed sooo many people on computers-And nobody is getting back to me...If they do, they sold the computer.

Apple is doing some sort of $50 Off for college thing-And you get a free ipod...I could sell the ipod.

im still rocking a g4 12" powerbook. Had a few issues over the years but one of the few people i know still using a 7year old laptop...id buy a used apple in a heartbeat.

Latest posts

Back