Opportunity to buy a grey ghost!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local bike shop has a very complete unknown year schwinn grey ghost, that he only wants 175$ for. Or a trade, I'll get a picture of the trade up soon, but is that worth it? One tear in the seat, single speed no drum brake (if it came on this model, I'm not shure) my main problem I have is, 175$ would take up almost all of my cash! Help?

Based on the price only, I'm going to say its one of those wally word reproductions. That would explain the "unknown year". If it were real then it would be easy to date and someone at a bike shop would know that. Now if it is real... for $175 I would buy it all day, every day, and twice on sunday.

Its not a repop, I know that much. And at this bike shop, all the mechanic's are girls so they don't give a toss about it. Its the one male mechanic's, and he thinks its a 72. Thinking of a possible trade on a pre war schwinn dx turned money pit :D

If its the real deal as you believe I would say buy it! From what I remember they only made them for one year 1971, they are very rare and sought after. The 175 price puzzles me as I have always seen them for much more. Check the Head tube for the serial number if its a true 70's Ghost the number should be there and you can verify what year it is. Repo's had the number on the bottom of the crank tube. I own a ghost reproduction but would love to have a real one. Good luck.

The guy paid 175$ for it, and he just wants to earn his money back. I seen the s/n was on the neck, but I didn't get to wright it down. The bike shop is about 30 miles away, so I don't know when I'll be there next to look at it.

RUN to buy it, and then send it to me .

:)

decent price, even for the repro, if it's nice.. I;ve seen repros bring that much and more.

Haha, this little rat will be my parade rider! And this just in, my friend steven's neighbor, has a almost new fuji bmx bike? He says it looks identical to my predator, just a different gusset. She bought it in te 80's ,and its all chrome. Anyone know about this? I never knew fuji made bmx bikes :?

Is it correct color original paint?

right now there are more Grey Ghosts out there than the factory ever made... :roll:

If it's a real coaster Ghost, $175 for just an original paint frame and chainguard is a deal.

It's original, spare from the slick has been replaced. But my dad doesn't believe it's worth 175$, he thinks it's a waste of money. :( I don't know if I'll be able to buy it, but I might trade. I'm in need of a pair of demolition whitewalls from the same store, so I'll see if I can make a deal.

Latest posts

Back