( ORBO ) Brave Heart

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
b5757b720da104a6172e4f8978baf5f5.jpg

This will be my first ORBO. This one will be right up my alley. I have been an avid mountain biker for over 10 years . I own a top of the line trek full suspension 29er . It will be great to get back to basics & build a old school KLUNKER...
I have been sitting on this 1940s Hiawatha for a while & hope to bring it back to its original look but parts were to hard to find & to experience if I did . So might as well KLUNK it ! This frame is well built , strong & has a perfect shape for a KLUNKER . So the time is right to get this one riding again and I need a bike to take on camping trips . This will make the perfect old school cool
KLunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a beautiful frame. It'd be sweet to put on some old school darts, maybe weathered off some to match the frame. That would be the hard part...
Beauty either way.

Carl.

Good idea Carl I like that , definitely will be considering that's one [emoji1018]

G, you are in your element on this one for sure! This frame is the perfect application for a klunker build off! I like the original patina, if you decide to keep it. And with Carl on the vintage mtb tire look....there are many out there that have been reproduced by Kenda, Sunlite, and CST. As always, I encourage guys to check out jbimporters.com. This is a wholesale site for local bike shops, so you have to order through them; but the pricing is usually right and there are multiple shipping locations throughout the USA. Click on Products, Tires, Clincher and then the size you want. It will even tell you which warehouse has it in stock! Then call your LBS with the part # and they can tell you the price. GL on this build. This is gonna be a good one....I can tell already!:113:

I also want to give a shout out to Large K-9 . Our forum member for this frame he lives about an hour from me & I was able to pick it up local before it hit the forum & any of you guys were able to get your greasy hands on it LOL . Thanks K-9

Last edited:
That is a great frame to start with. I have an og paint Hawthorne I was saving for a motorized project, but I may get in this build off yet.

That is a great frame to start with. I have an og paint Hawthorne I was saving for a motorized project, but I may get in this build off yet.
I gave up when I couldn't find a tank . I saw one once & it was big $ . I need a fun beater & for once I will not powder coat , this frame is going to stay worn looking .

Last edited:
@Falstaff my Shakesbeerean brotha....if you join in the fray....I will do the same!
Might be March 1 before I get any work done on it, but I've got ideas galore and a frame and some parts sitting in the BACK40 just waiting....

@Falstaff my Shakesbeerean brotha....if you join in the fray....I will do the same!
Might be March 1 before I get any work done on it, but I've got ideas galore and a frame and some parts sitting in the BACK40 just waiting....
O I bet you do there just rusting in piece . Are you sure your up for it I'm sure your worn out from that last build you better take a break ! LOL [emoji6]

O I bet you do there just rusting in piece . Are you sure your up for it I'm sure your worn out from that last build you better take a break ! LOL [emoji6]

Haha! I'm going to use that one G with your permission: "Rust in Peace"...that's a classic! In fact, that sounds like a great name for my BO 11 build this summer! Mind if I steal it from you? :D

Haha! I'm going to use that one G with your permission: "Rust in Peace"...that's a classic! In fact, that sounds like a great name for my BO 11 build this summer! Mind if I steal it from you? :D
It's all yours can't wait to see your next rusty price of rolling art [emoji106]

.... I have been after a Hiawatha frame...Love it...
I didn't know it, but I have been too! The lines are similar to my Rollfast, but the execution is superior.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Latest posts

Back