(ORBO) Entry from Gig Mata. "Sorcery"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't have a name for this yet. (I will call it "Sorcery.). I will use the chain guard and frame. The paint is amazing so I won't strip it down to the bare metal. That simply never happens with me.
c831d09fcdb1cb05c2694dde56e0893c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just realised from your title, are you in for the Offroad Build-Off with this, or is it your entry for the big one starting in May?

Luke.
Luke, thank you,for your comments. I will be entering this bike in the Klunker build-off. I have a lot of parts that are not supposed to work on this bike. [emoji3]

- by Gigmata

As they say in "reality tv". "Sooooo" So I let a collector that I know that I had a Speedway and he wants to buy so I won't be using the Speedway as the chassis for my build-off bike. Enter a not so fresh find that was going to be blacked out and rolling on 80mm rims buuuut nope. Not now. I am really going for it with this build. I am call it: "Sorcery."

The Girvins are going back in the parts bin and Lauf carbon fiber forks will replace them. I haven't decided on the handlebars yet but one of the sets in the video doesn't require a stem. Snafu cranks will be going 'round and 'round. At the moment I have a diamond plate chain ring but after watching a few klunker videos on the YouTubes I will likely make it a 9 or 10 speed.
4f0f80d9621133364261c8bf4df2ae37.jpg

I have to admit it appears that I have gone a bit overboard based on those videos. That never happens, right? Tubeless rubber will be wrapping those Crank Bros. wheels. To save weight, I'll be dieting. As for the bike I may be throwing more carbon fiber at this thing but I am running out of parts to do that with. I do have a carbon seat clamp though - that's a comfort. I ordered a carbon seat but I don't have it yet. I have interesting plans for those four carbon fiber discs. This puppy will also have clipless pedals too. I likely will roll with a Shimano groupset and because I learned that hydraulic disc brakes will stop the bike and not just slow it down I am stopping right there.

Last edited:
It hard to believe you have a parts bin that big on your yacht.:thumbsup:

Nice parts pile , I would never even think of putting parts like that on a bike I plan on beating to death ! You do build some cool bikes Gig !:cool2:
Mark
Mark,
The forks just happen to look cool but they are made to take a beating. Check out some vids of "Lauf fork" on YouTube. You'll see. In one video they take a four foot drop with grace and ease. They ought to hold up against stones, ruts, and curbs.

Last edited:
I'll be curious to see how you make that tapered steerer work

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back