(ORBO) Full springed cruiser C.T.T.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone !

Always wanted to build a full springed cruiser and I had that kid cross frame laying around for years in my garage so... Let's do it ! Perfect build off to build it !

I use a Peugeot CPX as a donor bike, an old school bmx cross bicycle for kid. It's a good start because of the frame, and the moving parts. I cut it to keep the spring, the mount and the rotation part next to the crank.

The cruiser frame I use is the first cruiser (and my first "kustom" bike) I had buy 7 years ago. I wasn't use it anymore and the rear was a bit bent so... I had to save him from the storage !

For now I have just cut the interesting parts from the CPX, cut the rear of the cruiser and prepare the rear triangle for welding.
I have a bit of idea of what it will look like, but I can change my mind. I have a motorcycle handlebar in my stock, maybe I will use it, I'll see !

And he don't have a name yet... I have to think about it, any idea welcome !

This is the donor bike. This one is not mine, but it's the same in black.
file.php

And this is where I am now. I just put parts together for the picture...
253020WP20151130163830Pro.jpg

See you next cut&weld !

Last edited:
This is the first dual / full suspension entry I believe! Cool! For a name, how about a play on an old favorite movie...."The French Dis-Connection" (since it's pieces of two bikes, and will be joined by springs?)...

This is the first dual / full suspension entry I believe! Cool! For a name, how about a play on an old favorite movie...."The French Dis-Connection" (since it's pieces of two bikes, and will be joined by springs?)...
I think dropbear has suspension?

Thats sweet! Your chain is going to go slack on you though. You may want to consider making it a geared bike, then the derailer will take care of chain tension.

Last edited:
Lots of modifications on this bike should be a cool bike [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if I'm going to change the rear wheel. I think I will put a derailleur chain tensioner... I will see when I will test. The original 20" was mount without a chain tensioner... Because the pivot was very close to the crankset, chain tension didn't change much, I think it will be almost the same for my cruiser mountain bike ! I'll let you know...

Anyway, I found time to work on it today ! The frame is build, both part. I need to order a cross tire 24x3 !

627258WP20160129160925Pro.jpg

I'm on searching mode for parts... tire and a cross 80's style saddle. Then, I will think about the fork. I want to build a springer fork. I had a reference of what kind of fork I want to take inspiration from but I don't remember the name and don't find any pictures... I will search !

EDIT: Found it !

74405594d157333eb2cd122368665bab607b92dc445116.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work on the frame design / build! And that wheel tire combo is awesome. Watching this one for sure! Rat on!

I ran a similar fork on my Huffy Jackalope for the MBBO3. Let me know if you need any more pics or close ups for reverse engineering purposes.

Jackalopevan002_zps9781cc93-1.jpg

Love the dual suspension plans

I'm not sure about the fork, I was thinking about a monark style fork... I have to think about it and see what I have in my junk parts.

I mounted my new tire. Perfectly what I wanted to look like !

385828WP20160206120149Pro.jpg

Next step: Working on the seat post and the handlebar !

And I found his name: CTT. In france, mountain bike are called "Vélo Tout Terrain" whats mean All Terrain Bicycle. Mine is a All Terrain Cruiser, So I called it in French Cruiser tout terrain: C T T.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back