(ORBO) The Sportsman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. That fork wasn't really going to work out with the disc, the rotor was too close to the fork tube for my liking. I really wanted to use the fork, more than I wanted the disc. I have another idea for a fork I want to try for the disc brake and I have a little paint left.

I decided the crusty zinc headset and chrome nut weren't going to cut it with fresh paint. I had an even crustier one I scuffed and hit with some black etch primer, put that and the fork on, the wheels on. I want one of those porkchop headset lock collars in black instead of the nut but he doesnt have any and says he wont be getting more. Seems the same story with all the stuff that i liked, that he carried. Anyone have one or know someone else selling them?
Seat post tube is crazy tight on this frame like I'd have to beat it in and never get it out. I tried persuading it with a 7/8 steel rod before I painted it but seems like I did nothing.
I bought a set of blue tripletrap pedals thinking they were the old school blue annodize color, they sure looked it in the pic. And I though that might look OK. They came the other day and are that new blue, I put them on and it looked Terrible. I didn't take a pic. All I could think was "Frankenberry" while looking at it.

Last edited:
I want one of those porkchop headset lock collars in black instead of the nut but he doesnt have any and says he wont be getting more. Seems the same story with all the stuff that i liked, that he carried. Anyone have one or know someone else selling them?

I have one in black, but it's in-use, on my Scrambler. :crazy:

I know what you mean about how Porkchop will sell out of stuff, and never et it again.... and it's weird, b/c obviously they were popular. That's how they sold out, right? But it seems like he's really obsessed with moving thru inventory quickly; he'll be selling rings for $30, then when he gets down to just a few of a certain size, he'll blow'm out real fast at $15, only to get another run and start selling them at $30 again. Weird, b/c it ain't like chain rings go bad sitting in a warehouse, nor do headset locks.... It doesn't make sense to me, but Justin (the Porkchop guy) is running an apparently successful online business, so he'd know better than me.....

Your bike is looking cool so far; hope to see it done soon.

thanks. yesterday I ran a hone though the seat post tube, I filed down a bump I could see inside the tube. got a 7/8 aluminum rod for seat post, decided to sand and polish that, it was still a tight fit. i swapped out the grips for some blue vans grips. i really like those grips. I just need a seat, chain, and that headset locknut thing. ill order the blue one. if i don't like it, ill turn it black. looks like I'm not getting around to my fork idea for the BO. oh well.

thanks. yesterday I ran a hone though the seat post tube, I filed down a bump I could see inside the tube. got a 7/8 aluminum rod for seat post, decided to sand and polish that, it was still a tight fit. i swapped out the grips for some blue vans grips. i really like those grips. I just need a seat, chain, and that headset locknut thing. ill order the blue one. if i don't like it, ill turn it black. looks like I'm not getting around to my fork idea for the BO. oh well.

i cleaned and regreased the front wheel, the headset bearings, and did the hot rod coaster break deal last week but i guess i figured that was normal stuff so i guess i didn't bother updating.

image.jpeg

The skin walls look great on there! And a classic blue with the black rims and bars work well!

Looks good, dig the black and blue scheme.
As far as photos go, you'll want your best pic at the top of your finished thread for voting.

Your cell phone pics look better than the ones i get with my digital camera....And, your bike looks awfully rad, too.

Solid work! Love the vibe you achieved with your klunker. And, yes, your first pic there should go at the top of your new thread in the Finished Bikes for ORBO. Then you can follow with a link to your build thread, or itemize some of the parts you used, post a ride video, etc.
Well done! :41:

Latest posts

Back