otown riding(now clearwater may 11 update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats up guys, new to custom bikes but have been around cars and bikes(motors) for a while. i just picked up a cruiser from craigslist and the guy"nathan" told me about the site. super stoked to find you all!

im 23 and about to move to clearwater in early august. i skateboard, wakeskate and mountain bike as my main activities.

here is my bike as it sits currently
bike2.jpg
edit, just painted the front black and its gna stay this way for a lil while

my chick the first day i got it:
2009-06-29184035.jpg

my first car that i still own...
1235339729997.jpg

Re: otown riding

Ahh memories...Had a gremlin x in about 1973 and I remember the shifter got stuck in reverse and since it was raining and I didnt want to climb underneath it to fix it , I drove home about 5 miles in reverse.Those were the days...Welcome to the forum. :shock:

Re: otown riding

the gremlin is a 304 v8, bored 30 over, 650 eldebrock, port polished and a 3sp auto, 3.73 posi rear end. very fun car, the exhaust has dumps so i can run open headers or run it out back for a more reserved sound hehe. needless to say i love the open header sound...i never could tell if anyone else did cause i couldnt hear them! we have an 1/8th mile track in st pete that i posted 8.90 run time pretty consistantly.

thanks for the welcomes!

So i have now been in clearwater since august going to welding school. going to try and get my 6g pipe certification sometime soon. i found a job at a deli but had to bail on that gig and have been doing odd jobs since. i have been out of my parents house for almost 6-years and decided to go back and figure out what i wanted to do with my life. For many reasons, one being some of the amazing stuff on here, i decided to learn how to weld. In less than a year ive become very skilled for never have touched a welder. I am working hard at it and hope to make something click and have a career.
One great reason to move home...i have a 2400sq ft barn in the back yard...ive felt like i was 12 again, only instead of building skate ramps, im pillaging craigslist as a buyer and a seller. heres an update of my bike collection
the gang
2010-05-09212100_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

baby chopper(i stole the forks for another bike)
2010-05-11230314_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

wcc bike thats really fun, still wondering what im gna do with it but its rideable for now
2010-05-11230141_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

2010-05-11230112_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

manta ray
2010-05-11225817.jpg

frame
2010-05-11230539_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

sweetness
2010-05-11225947_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

2010-05-11225934_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

stingray frame(make an offer ill most likely sell it)
2010-05-11230457_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

corner of the shop( sorry for the shaky bad lighting)
2010-05-11231453_SafetyHarbor_Flori.jpg

the place is for sale but the rents are ok with bikes coming and going just no more cars lol, but i too will be missing it. Im spending as much time in it as i can. The people before us had it filled up and when we moved in we couldnt believe it, thought "how in the heck could anyone have so much stuff", 12 years later its full. My dad loves to save stuff, so ive been selling stuff alot lately to help clean it up when and if we move but, its better than having a part time job after school!

Too familiar..but I lost my father about 5 years ago, and my mom and I have been going through (4) out barns, and the shop, and my father was quite the collector of fine odds and ends...but she is heading to Arizona soon, and just wants to clear it all out...miss the long nights with the welder and grinder just "creating" stuff..enjoy your time there.. :D

Latest posts

Back