OUCH!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My little 4 year old daughter slipped on our patio today playing and landed on her arm the wrong way and ended up fracturing her elbow.

Spent all afternoon at the pediatrician and the orthopedic doctors.

She's now sporting a hot pink cast which she has to wear for 3 weeks.

Just when you thought parenting was hard enough... :shock: :shock: :shock:

DSC_0011.jpg

The worst part of the whole experience was the x-rays.

Nothing like strange adults wrenching your broken arm in different positions and telling you to hold it.

I thought she was going to punch the one guy in the nose when he was trying.

yea they dont like it hurting more
my youngest when he was 4 moved a chair and got on the kitchen counter and got a razorblade knife off the top of the fridge and cut his finger and needed stitches and it took 4 nurses my exwife and I to hold him down to get the stitches he wanted NO PART of that

hope everything heals up fine for her, the best part about casts is when they come off, her arm will feel like its floating :) ive had a few casts in my younger days, the other fun part is customizing your cast with drawings :D

Hope she is doing OK

The ONE thing i gotta keep drilling into my 7yo.niece/helper,The workshop is NOT a playground and you could easily get hurt if you're not attentive.

I''ll bring this up for her to see as an example of what could happen.

Thanks guys!

She has been doing quite well this weekend.

It's amazing how having a cast on really stops the pain. Only downer is that it weighs on her little 4 year old arm pretty heavily.

I take her in to the ortho tomorrow morning for them to put the final wrap on the cast.

After that we wait for 3 weeks. :shock:

AWE. That sucks. I broke my wrist when i was like 12? Idk It sucked we were at my uncles house up north like an hour and a half away, Had to ride all the way home, Bumpy rochester road didnt help omg. It happend on a saturday, i went to the hospital, they said it was broke. I had to wait till monday to get it fixed. Waiting 2 days was bad, The bone had all ready started to heal in the wrong spot so they had to RE-BREAK IT! Omg it was awful, the pulled out this rubber mallot and like 4 of the guys there held me down, My mom and dad said they heard me screaming outside. Then they had to reset it. Ohh just thinkin about it sends chills down my spine. The cast decorating part was sweet, Check my cast yo, Ahh its a bad picture OF A picture, Dad drew a bike on it while i was sleeping and wrote "Wreckless Ricky" on it :D That was the COOLEST Cast ever.
DSCF3428.jpg

Tell her 2 hang in there. It will all be good. ;)

I saw her the next day. It's amazing how kids handle pain. Us old folks. Goodness, we'd be cryin and moanin. :wink:

Hope everything works out well for the little one.........just keep her away from your Dad and Uncle.....unless you want the cast to be painted BLACK!

Latest posts

Back