Outlaws B/T build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, i've been checking out some of the builds that have been done by board members, and quietly cursing my lack of luck at finding any cantilevered frames. Then, I checked out your build.
Lo and behold, a frame style I seem to have plenty of!
Now theres something I can work on, but I think i'm going to leave my 71 raleigh alone. I can't wait to see what the wheels are going to look like. I'm trying to picture mountain bike rims mounted in that frame, do you think you will have to spread it open any? And what kind of tires will you be mounting, skinny road type, of fat ones?
Rick

rick, i am putting 2.125 red bricks on it. yep, i had to spread the front an the rear. i took a 2x6 an my mallet an gently spread everything out. worked great. this one is a 71 also. you can't hardley tell the difference between the original rims and the mtb rims when tires are on. my mtb are alum. painted an it is lighter then the origs. right now with the seat on it an what you see in the pics. the bike weights 14.5 lbs. hopefully i can keep it at 20 lbs to 25lbs. will see. thanks for lookin everyone.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

well did some more to the bike. laced and trued the wheels, got the red bricks on an its a roller. haveing trouble with my left crank hitting my back stay due to the spread. working on it . haven't taken any pics yet. have a few more things to do till its all done. later

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Back