Outlaws huffy rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well my youngest daughter got this huffy an said Dad can ya fix it up for me. well what am i suppose to say, so of course i said sure. she said just so i can ride it till ya finnish my schwinn ok. another project, like i need another, YES I DO. lol. so i don't know what year it is, don't really care. it has 26x 1 3/8 tires and a 3 speed with rim brakes. whell the 3 speed don't work, the shifter is broken. so i tear it down. grab a set of wheels that i got from crassley, a single speed w/ coaster brake, picked up two new 26x1.4 city street tires from work an a couple of tubes. took out all the bearings an cleaned em all up. put the wheels in my truing stand an got em set up. scrub the frame an fenders an chainguard an forks down. wow this thing is lookin real good. cleaning up real nice. an no more cables an stuff ya don't need. this will be a clean lookin ride. soooo ya all heres some pic of it before i tore down. should be able to get it on the road tomorrow an will take some finnished pics of it.

JWSMOCKUPBIKES167.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES168.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES169.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES170.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES171.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES172.jpg

thats it.

Outlaw 8)

That'll be a slick bike, just the way I like them. No cables, no fuss, just super clean, lots of fun. That will looks great when its all finished.

mr.farrell, just remember, it's always good to be nice.lol, yeah, i get the dad of the month award, woopie.
yep, thats the way i like my bikes when i can get it that way, clean, simple.

Outlaw 8)

ok, finnished the bike. tried to put on the wheel with the coaster but when i pedal the cranks would turn about 3/4 of a turn before catching up, so i took off the wheels and put on my mtb wheels with new 26x1.5 city street tires that i had an had to put on the rim brakes. rode the bike after i put her all back an cleaned her up. rides really well. think my daughter will be happy with it. soooo, here are the finnished bike a riding pics. enjoy

JWSMOCKUPBIKES173.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES174.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES175.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES176.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES177.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES178.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES179.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES180.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES181.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES182.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES183.jpg

well hope you all enjoyed the pics. thanks for looking. now back to Black Wicked

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
mr.farrell, just remember, it's always good to be nice.lol, yeah, i get the dad of the month award, woopie.
yep, thats the way i like my bikes when i can get it that way, clean, simple.

Outlaw 8)

for sure. i wasn't being sarcastic... just in case my comment was misinterpreted.

no prob, didn't take it for bad. i knew you were being good. later

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Sounds like the grease has hardened in the coaster brake hub from the Hawthorne. Just take it a apart and clean it good, regrease and put it back together.

yep, did it, maybe i got too much grease in it. will have to take it apart an see what happened.

Outlaw 8)

You should try making that coaster brake work again. On a completely unrelated subject, I could use those levers... =P

i pm you. those wheels that have the coaster will be going on my daughters schwinn when i start the build on it. i just was going to use on the huffy till i built the schwinn. oh i'll figure it out an get it running right. thanks

Outlaw 8)

Latest posts

Back