Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ever find a freebee that you know you will use "someday"? Well these followed me home from the motorcycle shop's take off pile. Now to find a few stingrays to cut up. :mrgreen:
Pic008_zpscfc02437.jpg

Pic009_zpsaaddf055.jpg

I still have a pair of Harley whitewalls that I was planning for a chopper trike build someday.

Hmmm a trike... They did have a third whitewall there but these were the best two, maybe I should go back and get it.... :idea: :mrgreen:

dragnusa said:
What bike rims will those fit?
OCC stingray 20 x 4 1/4 rear. Have you seen Kingfish's Fugsley? He did the same thing. just without the whitewalls.

aWP_000903.jpg

A buddy of mine who lives in an apartment just told me about this little gem, belonged to his neighbor who moved out and left it behind so he asked if I wanted it. I had no idea Mongoose made a bike with a front disk brake!?! :shock: Needs a back rim but otherwise in decent shape. And it's aluminum so I might have a new trail bike.

schwinn boy said:
That needs a coaster-brake!
I don't think the chain would allow for articulation of the rear suspention if it had a coaster brake. I think I have a 7 speed rear mountain bike rim laying around so I'll probably fix it the way it was.

Or the fork and wheel might go on my '53 Schwinn Klunker. :idea: :?

image-125.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
schwinn boy said:
That needs a coaster-brake!
I don't think the chain would allow for articulation of the rear suspention if it had a coaster brake. I think I have a 7 speed rear mountain bike rim laying around so I'll probably fix it the way it was.

Or the fork and wheel might go on my '53 Schwinn Klunker. :idea: :?

image-125.jpg
Now you are talkin! Is that goose fork a 1" threaded????

Mongoose has made some decent bikes in the past, not sure if that is one of them or not, but it could be. I had a Mongoose Hilltopper that was a nice bike, not a Walgoose.

Toeslider said:
Mongoose has made some decent bikes in the past, not sure if that is one of them or not, but it could be. I had a Mongoose Hilltopper that was a nice bike, not a Walgoose.

They sell Mongoose outside of Walmart? Are they a bike shop bikes or just a different retailer?

outskirtscustoms said:
Toeslider said:

They sell Mongoose outside of Walmart? Are they a bike shop bikes or just a different retailer?

They used to, I don't know if they do anymore or not, but there are definitely two levels of Mongoose bikes out there. Back in the day, Mongoose used to be a well respected name in BMX, which I think helps Walmart peddle them today. Less informed people the same age as me remember wanting a Mongoose back when they were in middle school. All the good names are being bought up and put on cheap bikes.

Yeah and that's really disappointing, I remember my old Mongoose Expert and Californian. That was back when Mongoose was good...before everything got sold to China. :roll: They still make some cool parts to chop off and re-purpose though. :mrgreen:

Just got off the phone with a guy who's got 4 bikes for $X DELIVERED! He said one is a 24" Huffy Super Thunder! A Haro, and two kids bikes. Pics to come. Hoping I can flip these for some fast cash.

Re: 4 bikes for $40

Ok lets start with the veggies, a Tonka kids bike and a speed racer, nothing to go crazy over.

Next up is the one that will be sold to pay for the lot. Haro BMX bike with 3 piece crank.

And the goods! 24" Huffy Super Thunder original, unmolested, and barn fresh! WITH all the pads!

Re: 4 bikes for $40

After a little cleaning the Super Thunder Pro 24 is looking good!

Competition Certified!

RJ Smith BMX racing fork

Latest posts

Back