Ovalboy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I've been lurking around here for a while now, but haven't posted. I'm 41 and soon to be single. Have an 11 year old son. We live in a northern suburb of Cincinnati. I've been into old cars since I was a kid, have owned a 68 Bonneville, 62 Cadillac Fleetwood, restored several old VW's (2 Superbeetles, 2 Karmann Ghias, a 1957 Oval Window beetle - thus the username - and I currently have a 1962 VW Bus). I used to race bicycles back in high school and college, and I love hanging out in bike shops. I found a 1950 Schwinn Spitfire a few years back that had been sitting outside for God knows how long, and decided it had just the right amount of patina to work with... then it sat in a storage container where I work for 3 years. I finally started building it back up a couple months ago, and then my son decided HE wanted an old bike. SO he now has a 1947 Firestone Flying Ace. His is all original, mine is decidedly a 'rat'... so without further adieu ... here are some shots of our stuff.

My son's Flying Ace:

MEATsnewride.jpg

MEATsnewride3.jpg

MEATsnewride4.jpg

My Spitfire:

MBGBike.jpg

MBGBike3.jpg

MBGBike2.jpg

...and my bike hauler...

DSC05640.jpg

BUS.jpg

...I've already used the forums to help me rebuild the New Departure "D" rear hub, and to build the wheels, which I had never done before. SO this place has already been a great help. Thanks for having me!

Welcome aboard, great bike.
Kenny

Thanks guys! We really enjoy just about anything 'vintage'. My house looks like an episode of American Pickers (after they buy all the stuff and clean it up). Here's a shot from last night.... a beautiful evening and perfect night to get the bikes out on the trail.

562427_3604950930888_1487094804_3347417_1421794015_n.jpg

They are decals. I'd love to have them hand lettered, but decals were WAY cheaper. My brother is a graphic designer, so he set up the artwork to match the diameter of the wheel, then I took the file to a decal guy here in town.

Latest posts

Back