Paint Markers for spokes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone use automotive paint markers to paint spokes?
I am not ready to learn to lace up a wheel, but i would like to paint my spokes and this seems like it might work well, although be a bit time consuming.
I did a few searches, but didn't find anything. I did find some good threads here for painting rims without de-lacing which were helpful.
Thoughts?

About once a month look at the youtube video on how to lace a rim.
When you finally decide to do one you will be pretty familiar with the process.
Its not that hard. Not like learning how to whistle or something. :roll: :roll:

There was a long thread on this. The idea that I liked most,because it is simple; spray paint onto rag,wipe that paint onto spokes. I have not tried it though. I have several bottles of different color cheap nail polish to try someday.

I used a yellow paint pen on a black bladed spoke. It did not cover very well. Needed multiple coats and still didn't look great.

:roll: Yellow :roll: is :roll: shocking :roll: to :roll: try :roll: and :roll: cover :roll: with. :roll:
:lol:
Actually, yellow is bad, especially a chrome base yellow, you really need a yellow primer underneath to help with coverage.

Luke.

But a small tin of paint and apply it with a small/narrow Harbor Freight foam brush. The paint will be thick enough to provide coverage and go on smooth with the foam applicator.

Latest posts

Back