Paint Pole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this works so cool , I have to share. I took a piece of 1 1/4'' tubing....Size doesn't matter ...and shoved
it about a foot in the ground next to a concrete landing I have. Then I took a pipe clamp and tightened
it on the side. Its adjustable and the 1/2 clamp part will slid into your seat post or use it sideways in the BB.
This really works good and you can get around all the spots you use to miss.
DSCF0001-153.jpg

DSCF0001-154.jpg

How do you flip these frames over without touching them when they are wet and half painted? Gary

Not sure with his idea , but with mine you just spin it around. I stuck it through the BB just to
show you could do it that way too. I liked the seatpost mounted way better. There was enough
friction to hold it in any position.

Great idea. I have hung bikes from trees, garage door openers and many other contraptions for painting.

I guess I'm slightly more high tech. I use a storage shed, tubing, ladder, bailing wire, & broom. :lol:
IMG_0112.jpg

I do, however, stick a piece of tubing through the B.B. also before I hang it so I can get good coverage on the bottom with it on a stand. Then hang it to finish shooting everything else.
Guess it's a small world after all.
Well unless the booth at work is empty and the boss isn't around then I have a different set up. Shhhhhh. :wink:

Ok where in the heck do you live.....electric fence wire.....dirt roads. Do you live on a farm?

Ok Sensor I love that frame. The curved stays are outstanding.

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok where in the heck do you live.....electric fence wire.....dirt roads. Do you live on a farm?

Central Illinois, out in the sticks, a couple of miles from the Lake Shelbyville resevoir. We live on 6 acres but are not farmers. I help out a couple local farmers in the spring and fall though, mostly driving grain trucks or feeding cattle. Life in the country is good...except for the roads! Gary

great idea using the cabinet clamp.
I do something similar using the end top rail of a wooden fence in my back yard to hold a horizontal piece of steel round stock.
I like to hang the frame from the head tube,but will have to try the seat tube next time.
Thanks for the idea!

Gary, I bet you have an old t-post lying around the farm that would work for the vertical .... :D

How did you spray the underneath side, like the back of the seat tube and the ends of the dropouts? I can never get full coverage unless I turn it al least once. Gary

Latest posts

Back