Painting gloss paints and matte on the same bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has advice as to what order to be doing this...I am going to be doing a stark contrast of very bright neon pink, with matte black striping and accents etc.
I am a bit concerned that if I spray all the pink down, then tape off and throw down the black, the gloss will come through, ideas?

are you using rattle can or auto paints(ie 2 or 3 stage paints)?
if its rattle can id shoot the light color first then mask it off and shoot the black last since thatll cover alot easier than a light color over black.....and if worse comes to worse you can always scuff with a grey scuff pad and shoot gloss clear over what you want shiny and flat clear over what you want dull :wink:
if its auto paints let me know what brand and single,2stage,or 3 stage and i can probably give you a trick or 2
btw welcome from another salinas boy

sensor said:
are you using rattle can or auto paints(ie 2 or 3 stage paints)?
if its rattle can id shoot the light color first then mask it off and shoot the black last since thatll cover alot easier than a light color over black.....and if worse comes to worse you can always scuff with a grey scuff pad and shoot gloss clear over what you want shiny and flat clear over what you want dull :wink:
if its auto paints let me know what brand and single,2stage,or 3 stage and i can probably give you a trick or 2
btw welcome from another salinas boy
Its rattle can, thanks for the advice. I think ill mask it off and just barely scuff it a little with a pad to help take off a little of the gloss then spray the black.
Nice to find someone else from salinas!

Latest posts

Back