Pair of Schwinn Cruiser Fours

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have had my eye on these bikes on local CL for a while and finally came to an agreement on the price. They were dirty and had some light rust on fenders. These bikes were made in Taiwan for only the 2000 and 2001 years. Rode both and they are in perfect working order. This bike was sold in a bike store and has some nice high end parts such as the internal Nexus / Shimano 4 speed rear hub and the Schwinn Typhoon S2. 26 2.125 ballon tires. Started putting some elbow grease this evening and will continue to do so for the next few days after work. Will sell them when they are all buttoned up.

What do you guys think?

I'm a big fan of the Cruiser Four.
Schwinn%20Cruiser%20Four%20001_zpshnofw8xs.jpg

Mine was in rough shape with many missing parts - its one of my favorite bikes now !
Schwinn%20Cruiser%204%20010%20web_zpsbwoi1ma3.jpg

Thanks! The tires I installed are Kenda K838 Slick Wire Bead Bicycle Tire, Blackwall, 26-Inch x 1.95-Inch.
71naQWcc5qL._SL1044_.jpg

I had the exact copy of your men's model sold it last spring what a great rider that was....

~Rafael~

I was doing some research on the old Net and found out some interesting info on these bikes. I was curious as to why they only made these bikes in 2000, and 2001. They are cool and people who have owned them have nothing to say but good things. They are difficult to find for sale on CL and Evilbay. Turns out Pacific bought them out in 2001 and quickly moved production from Taiwan to Mainland China which is when they started to turn out the real crappy bikes made with cheap steel and components. Anyway, it looks like I may already have a buyer for the bikes. Will know for sure on Friday.

Last edited:
Another interesting fact is the Nexus 4 hub is the overdrive portion of a Nexus 7.
1 is direct 2,3,4 are all overdrive gears.

Another interesting fact is the Nexus 4 hub is the overdrive portion of a Nexus 7.
1 is direct 2,3,4 are all overdrive gears.

Cool! I did not know that. These bikes are over 10 years and still shift nicely so they seem to be reliable. I will take this set up over a derailleur any day!

I set mine up with a smaller front sprocket from kids 20" bike to lower the gear ratio for hills.

Latest posts

Back