PAPERBOY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The arcade was definitely one of a kind, and you can tell the bike was originally styled after a gusseted frame with whitewalls at first on the console.

Bike is ready for paint, after that, I need to steal my wife's sewing machine lol

Been raining off and on all weekend so no painting yet ... got bored so I went ahead and threw the shoestring streamers together. Drug the ends through some modeling cement so the edges will hold.

IMG_2644_zps76a38e88.jpg

I'm impressed with yr bike rack/stand pvc piping now that's thinkin outside the box...Oh and the paperboy is cool as well great idea...

Thanks, those budget racks are pretty common among the BMX crowd. Cost about $4 to make. 4 T's, 8 elbows and a 6' piece of 3/4" pipe. I've seen a couple variations of them too, works great but I imagine a double rack would be even sturdier. That one was built for bigger bikes so you can tell it's a little taller than it should be for this 20".

Wow, thanks! That's a pretty high opinion considering the skill involved and comparing it to the rest of the pack running. Glad you approve though :thumbsup:

I cut up the wire frame to square it up a bit and my buddy JB tacked it back together. Going to have a crash course in running the sewing machine from my wife when I can find the right color red material to use. Hoping by the end of the week I'll have more to show off.

Basket or paper boy bag?
I ask because I flat refused a basket!
Rampar R-10 w/75-100 papers was no joke for a 12 year old.

I'm trying to get it as close to the artwork as possible Mikeee so I'm calling it a "paper carrier" using a wire frame and wrapping it up in canvas hopefully (like the old paper boy bags were made of). Hoping to let kids use the bike when done in some sort of paperboy obstacle course at some church block parties or if I can get a bike show going in the area. If all else fails, my boy will likely rock it with a smile too.

Quit playing video games and get to building!:)

Had a couple attempts with some fabric for the basket using local suppliers, just wasn't happy with the way it turned out. Ended up ordering some red canvas online that just came in today but wont likely have anything to show before the deadline. Will be moving this to the normal builds section if I cant pull through in time. Wishing everybody else the best in wrapping their builds up though !!!

Latest posts

Back