PAYPAL QUESTION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember if I've disputed a non-Ebay item. I've disputed Ebay items twice that I can remember and got my money back and kept the item :)

I'm in the position right now of being able to buy something from someone via PayPal, but I'm not sure if I'll get the same protection that I would if I bought the item through an Ebay auction using PayPal.

The auction he ran ended without a buyer and now were trying to make a deal outside of Ebay using PayPal.

Trying to confirm that I will still have some kind of buyer protection from PayPal if things go south.

If you have proof that you paid for an item and did not receive the item or it was substantially different than advertised, then I think it would be considered mail fraud. Then its a federal crime and you can get help through the USPS. Not sure how that would work with another shipper?
The Paypal transaction would serve as verification of payment. I think their formal "Buyer Protection" plan is for ebay purchases only.

Latest posts

Back