peddle problem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need to take the old threaded pin and put it in the new pedles does ne one know how to take apart pedals?????

100_0708.jpg

100_0709.jpg

Some old pedals are bolted together, but most have ends that stick thru the back plate and are crimped so they won't come off. Krate bow pedals are like that. I have taken some apart in the past, but I don't know if they can be put back together safely. I'd worry (nowadays) that it could come apart again.. ~Adam

I thought the newer ones and maybe all of them were on a center axle. The axle screws out from the center of the peddle and you can rethread the old peddle (the outside rubber part) with a new center axle. A lot of times those peddle and crank parts are reverse threaded so you might try the other direction if you are having problems loosening the peddle.

Post a pic of the other (non stud) end of the pedal. If the cap has sides you can throw an adjustable on it and crank the cap off, then pull the rest of the bearing assembly apart. If the cap doesn't have sides or is crimped into the pedal frame, I'm lost. Also, make sure the pedals are about the same length before you go pulling them apart. The threaded bit is the end of an axle that runs the length of the pedal. I'm pretty sure I saw somebody somewhere that sold adapaters for 9/16" to 1/2" Maybe it was the other way?

Latest posts

Back