Pee-Wheee!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You all know what to do! Scream real loud! Arrrrrrrrrr! Hey boys and girls what’s this? A tiny bike! Ha ha! Haaaaa ha ha! It’s a kids bike with an identity complex!
1DFB4AC9-98DF-422F-A93A-D18107EFD9DA.jpeg

This repainted ‘70 Stingray Midget arrived yesterday got a once over and has logged several more miles by an adult on what are likely original tires. I wanted a Run-A-Bout Krate to throw in the trunk. I tried that idea originally with a fastback but it’s still too big for the trunk. I may refresh/repaint this one because there’s no clear coat and I want it to match the Apple I did. Whitewalls & Springer for sure, but torn between the stock height 16” springer or a 20” springer with a 12” front wheel. I may go with a 1.75 rear wheel so I can run the fatter Cavaliers I like that probably won’t work on the s7rims. Gripper slick would be the best. I know I definitely want more gears. Maybe some full insanity alloy electric hub? I currently have it set up like a Runabout…yeah I’m tired of hyphens…& I’m too lazy for cut & paste. I still need to cut a seat post to turn into a stem using the tandem seat clamp. Riding it all over. Light and portable and already getting shout outs.
D21371D5-961D-4F7B-B819-7108654D7E5B.jpeg

The runabout single seat post look is kinda growing on me and is super convenient. I’d like to figure out how to run supports for the rear of a banana seat to the seat post...maybe from a seat clamp using short or even bent springer bars?
I fit larger diameter sissy bars over a cut portion from a smaller one…great for trying stuff out quickly. The idea is you undo the main seat post and the rears all slide out. I tried out a few combos. Last one reminds me of a bsa or triumph.
2C59852C-D46C-4336-B389-2B5D12376FDC.jpeg

E8B0F971-C9BF-4DF1-B7A5-DCE61D8B2994.jpeg

BF8EEE3B-D730-448B-9248-8006F687BDCA.jpeg
43C78672-2AA7-40BA-B3BA-322CC786F7C6.jpeg

B341F5DF-E5F2-44DC-9F7B-FD4ABF409CD4.jpeg

80AE0371-B50E-4CBE-8C22-5742D8939A0B.jpeg
430DC7B5-C4FE-4334-98B5-AE33867519A9.jpeg
C26B8F7F-A5CB-403E-862D-41D8F632C65B.jpeg

I tried living with the S7’s but the available tires are bunk. These whitewalls are lumpy.
860799D6-4EDD-41BB-AC1A-EF3A83C2818B.jpeg

I’m looking for either a 16” chrome run a bout rim or a 28H geared hub with roller or coaster that I can lace on these steel rims. Love the Slik…Meh on the silver rims…might go with white. Love the portability of the regular saddle and I haven’t yet nailed how to make an adjustable banana seat. I’m using the bike daily and it’s a blast. I get thumbs ups and asked about it every time I ride it. I’m stepping out of the contest. I’ll ding it up from practical use and respray it down the road.

60A0B956-5E6C-49F9-A609-4FB626E79CF0.jpeg

You all know what to do! Scream real loud! Arrrrrrrrrr! Hey boys and girls what’s this? A tiny bike! Ha ha! Haaaaa ha ha! It’s a kids bike with an identity complex!
View attachment 180045
This repainted ‘70 Stingray Midget arrived yesterday got a once over and has logged several more miles by an adult on what are likely original tires. I wanted a Run-A-Bout Krate to throw in the trunk. I tried that idea originally with a fastback but it’s still too big for the trunk. I may refresh/repaint this one because there’s no clear coat and I want it to match the Apple I did. Whitewalls & Springer for sure, but torn between the stock height 16” springer or a 20” springer with a 12” front wheel. I may go with a 1.75 rear wheel so I can run the fatter Cavaliers I like that probably won’t work on the s7rims. Gripper slick would be the best. I know I definitely want more gears. Maybe some full insanity alloy electric hub? I currently have it set up like a Runabout…yeah I’m tired of hyphens…& I’m too lazy for cut & paste. I still need to cut a seat post to turn into a stem using the tandem seat clamp. Riding it all over. Light and portable and already getting shout outs.
View attachment 180046
The runabout single seat post look is kinda growing on me and is super convenient. I’d like to figure out how to run supports for the rear of a banana seat to the seat post...maybe from a seat clamp using short or even bent springer bars?
I fit larger diameter sissy bars over a cut portion from a smaller one…great for trying stuff out quickly. The idea is you undo the main seat post and the rears all slide out. I tried out a few combos. Last one reminds me of a bsa or triumph.
View attachment 180047
View attachment 180050
View attachment 180048View attachment 180049
View attachment 180054
View attachment 180051View attachment 180052View attachment 180053
I like the visual flow from tank thru seat.

Cheers all. Another one of those “guess I‘m fated to get that green bike” bikes. Had that feeling when I first saw it advertised. I saw it for sale on and off a few times over the last year or more and finally caved. I’ve been down cause a friend had just passed and inquired…cause buying stuff…ended up getting it in the same random neighborhood I first met my buddy 20 years ago when we both answered the same random musicians wanted classified ad. The only one I have ever answered to this day.

I always wanted to do a Roth inspired trike with 20” rear silks, bent springer, screamer bars and and dual headlights...and a wheelbarrow pan for cargo. I need to figure out how to hook up the coaster brake with that rear all filled in and where in the world the 333 t shifter is going to go.

Latest posts

Back