Persons-Majestic Bike Siren Question?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, The guys at bikeforums.net suggested I contact you guys with my little dillema. First off, I am putting together and donating a "Fire Bike" (sort of like a police bike) for the fire department I belong to. It will be used for parades and such.

The guys at the firehouse made up the bike for me earlier this year. It's not even vintage, it's a mid-90's department store MTB. They made it for me because I always ride to the firehouse. So this past August I decided to strip it down, and make it look more professinal. Custom paint, decals, lights, siren, etc.

Anyway, I picked up vintage a Persons-Majestic bike siren on ebay for it and had a question about it.

I believe the siren is missing a washer or bearing or something, because there is a gap between where the aluminum washer towards the end of the shaft contact the aluminum body. (is there supposed to be a gap there?) the washer will not slide down all the way, to contact the body. This is shown clearly in photo # 2. There is also some play in the shaft, which I believe that gap is causing. Below you will find 3 photos of it. 2 from the ebay auction, and 1 of it taken apart in the order the parts came off. Am I missing any parts in the last photo?

Thanks guys. -Nick

e95e_1.JPG

e9be_1.JPG

000_0185.jpg

I believe Kev is over at the BMX Cruiser forums these days giving newbies there a hard time about intros....ha ha! :lol:

i have one of those too and mine also has a bit of a gap between that washer and the body. i am actually curious how you got it apart like that i am afraid i will not be able to get mine back together if i do. as for the chain on my old bike i used a dog chain and just adjusted the length as needed because it depends on where you mount the siren and where your handlebars are. currently the siren is being modified for use on my build off bike (oops did i say that?)

Back