Philler Bill - Wethepeople Avenger 27.5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess that you'd call this a fresh find since I've been looking for an Avenger since last summer. I looked and looked for one used, to no avail. Then last November a website not-to-be-named listed them as "shipping" now. I immediately placed an order for one only to realize it was BS and I cancelled the order.
I could not get any firm information so I waited patiently while it snowed for the next four months.
In April I was at my favorite LBS Cranky's and asked them about the Avenger. He said it looked like they would be available in May so I put a deposit on one and it arrived May 10th! They aren't stocked in stores from what I've been told but available to special order.
This is Philler Bill:
IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_3300.JPG

He's named after a dear friend that passed away a few years ago.

My Little Pal-1.jpg

Specs are here

Hipster Video here

Another

Pedals had to go and I'm thinking of installing Avid BB 7's just because.
Now shopping for a knit hat, skinny jeans and a flannel shirt.

Abraço

I guess that you'd call this a fresh find since I've been looking for an Avenger since last summer. I looked and looked for one used, to no avail. Then last November a website not-to-be-named listed them as "shipping" now. I immediately placed an order for one only to realize it was BS and I cancelled the order.
I could not get any firm information so I waited patiently while it snowed for the next four months.
In April I was at my favorite LBS Cranky's and asked them about the Avenger. He said it looked like they would be available in May so I put a deposit on one and it arrived May 10th! They aren't stocked in stores from what I've been told but available to special order.
This is Philler Bill:
View attachment 234760

View attachment 234761

View attachment 234762

View attachment 234763

Specs are here

Hipster Video here

Another

Abraço
Good choice 👍

This is Philler Bill:
View attachment 234760

View attachment 234761

View attachment 234762

View attachment 234763

Specs are here

Hipster Video here

Another

Abraço
Love it you think there hard to find in the states looked around here and impossible.

I'd be getting rid of that seat. Looks like it don't breath have a specialized seat that doesn't breath that's left me with a bullseye in a rather uncomfortable place.

have a specialized seat that doesn't breath... uncomfortable...

You may be right
He is right. He should take it off. I've been trying to steal that spesh saddle from him since he showed up with it. I tossed one decades ago without thinking because of a tiny little tear. I don't want yours though, you can keep that on there. Verrrrry verrrrry jealous of your Avenger. Could you post a picture next to a 26er? The frame looks nice and long, would like to see how it stacks up. Would also love to see a comparison with the State Klunker. Obviously this is a more hardcore machine, but I'd like to see the frames together

Last edited:
Could you post a picture next to a 26er? The frame looks nice and long, would like to see how it stacks up. Would also love to see a comparison with the State Klunker. Obviously this is a more hardcore machine, but I'd like to see the frames together
Sadly the State Klunker was sacrificed to help afford the Avenger but here are some number comparisons and photos compared to the Haro.
Geometry Compared.JPG

As you can see the Avenger is overall a better fit for Me, Trevor and Jacob. It fits really well even if I have to raise the saddle a bit. The gearing is a little tall but I like it.

IMG_3324.JPG

IMG_3325.JPG

He is right. He should take it off. I've been trying to steal that spesh saddle from him since he showed up with it. I tossed one decades ago without thinking because of a tiny little tear. I don't want yours though, you can keep that on there. Verrrrry verrrrry jealous of your Avenger. Could you post a picture next to a 26er? The frame looks nice and long, would like to see how it stacks up. Would also love to see a comparison with the State Klunker. Obviously this is a more hardcore machine, but I'd like to see the frames together
I haven't changed the seat never thought I'd enjoy it this much

Latest posts

Back