Photobucket trying to give me a virus.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
For some reason today, every time I go to my Photobucket account it tries to scan my system and then auto download some virus software.

Has anyone else run into this lately?

no, i use photobucket everyday. i had a virus that copied my desktop page, posted its own with its own little scan thing at the bottom telling me it was scanning the system because there was a virus and i needed to download it to be virus free.i had to do a lot of work to get rid of it.

photobucket was acting odd this morning but seems fine now. I think it was my wireless connection though. turned out my router was locked up and I was connected to my neighbors unsecured wireless network. :shock:

all set now though.

i had some kind of advirus a while back, even the advertisements here were changed to ringtones and enlargement pills

Ive been on Photobucket when someone was actively hacking the site redirecting visitors elsewhere. They need better security. :roll:

Yes,
That happened to me also today from my work computer (very secure)......
Weird. I shut down my computer right away.... then waited for the corporate police to contact me....

I ended up downloading AVAST the free anti-virus software.

Installed it and let it run a pre-boot scan and it ended up finding a TRJ file and deleted it.

Latest posts

Back