Picked two more trashy treasures for my collection

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a 50's Columbia and a JC Higgins today. Neither are nothing to special, but I look the rusty look of the Columbia. It has a look similiar to my Pilot, and for whatever reason, I love that look. The Higgins is a little cleaner, and has a cool looking rack on it. I paid $60 for the pair, so I won't complain. I see some red rims and whitewalls in the future for the Columbia, and I may use the Higgins for a project/build off bike one of these years! -lol

DSCN2089.jpg

DSCN2086.jpg

DSCN2090.jpg

DSCN2091.jpg

DSCN2088.jpg

DSCN2094.jpg

DSCN2098.jpg

DSCN2096.jpg

DSCN2093.jpg

I'll take your "nothing special" any day of the week! Nice scores!

Great score and a steal at $60 total!!!!
I have one of those racks on the way to me. They are super cool.

Yes, the rack has a art deco feel to it, and looks older than the bike. I may use the Higgins to build a board track project. I have always wanted to build one, and the frame has that straight bar look to it.

I have approx. the same year Higgins. Here is what one looks like with a tank & a (flipped) beehive springer. I believe mine is an early 50's. Same rack & pretty close to the same patina!

HIGGINSRAT001_zps209df5f6.jpg

pick said:
I have approx. the same year Higgins. Here is what one looks like with a tank & a (flipped) beehive springer. I believe mine is an early 50's. Same rack & pretty close to the same patina!

Awesome! I love that springer. I wonder how hard one of those tanks would be to find?

I'm not an expert, but I think these tanks are fairly common. Feel free to use my pic if you want to post a thread in the wanted section. Good luck in your search! 8)

Great finds in my book.

If ya for some odd reason decide to part that Columbia (though I think ya shouldnt) let me know that tank matches the patina on mine.

Onewheelsqueel said:
Great finds in my book.

If ya for some odd reason decide to part that Columbia (though I think ya shouldnt) let me know that tank matches the patina on mine.

I would definitely give you dibs, but I couldn't stand to part it out.

pick said:

your springer does look odd
how is it flipped?

veloloser said:
pick said:

your springer does look odd
how is it flipped?

The truss bars are in the front instead of in the rear on a beehive springer normally.

il_fullxfull.352580354_nhro.jpg

I stripped the Higgins down to get a look at the backbone, and I really like the profile of this frame. Now - what do with it? :)

015.jpg

Sounds like Christmas came early.

SCORE !

Awesome bikes! I love the old Columbias... My '56 looks similar to this one.

Latest posts

Back