pics of a tank for a 54' CWC roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Anyone have any pictures of what an original tank for a 54" CWC roadmaster would look like? It would be even more amazing if you had rough dimensions for it. Tank bikes pretty much don't exist on the mid-Atlantic coast because everything disintegrates into rust so I'm considering carving one from surfboard foam for the RRBO.

Here's the tanks off of my CWC. The frame for these have the straight bottom bar.

I have actually been considering pulling a mold from these and making some out of fiber glass for another frame that I have. The problem is that I would spend as much on reproducing them as I could wait and find a set on feeBay for.

100_4094_zps3840f6f3.jpg

100_4965_zps171f7e7f.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Check out the burled fir wooden tank that CWC has up for sale/trade.
I got one from him for my higgins and it is pretty slick.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=69917&p=681344#p681344
I saw that thing and it is sick! Unfortunateltly I tend to have to do my projects on the super cheap. Didn't even tell my wife about buying the bike. Ive got enough project bikes for friends in the garage that it hides well. I'm sure I can either get scrap.foam from my shaper friends or glue up some of the blue XPS foam ive got in the garage and since it would be painted I can glass it myself and do a typically shoddy job and hide it.

Latest posts

Back