Pipe benders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I wanna know which one is better

Compact/manual
image_17274.jpg

or

12 Ton Hydraulic Pipe Bender
image_18569.jpg

I'm wanting one to do frames and things like that

dracothered said:
Can't tell you much about the top one, but I know that the bottom one you don't want it. When it bends the pipe it puts all the pressure in one place and this thins out and distorts the pipe walls as it is being bent. This is not good as it weakens the pipe at the bend.
I thought the top one might be better. I had been told the bottom one wasn't the best, but I thought I'd get some second opinions

Lowlife Lucas said:
dracothered said:
Can't tell you much about the top one, but I know that the bottom one you don't want it. When it bends the pipe it puts all the pressure in one place and this thins out and distorts the pipe walls as it is being bent. This is not good as it weakens the pipe at the bend.
I thought the top one might be better. I had been told the bottom one wasn't the best, but I thought I'd get some second opinions
If the top one is the type that follow the pipe around the area being bent with a roller it is the type of bender you want.

This is what it says about the first one

With a large base plate and a sturdy yet lightweight design, the compact bender is ideal for mounting onto trucks or tractors. A telescoping handle bends round or square bar stock up to 5/8" thick with a maximum width up to 1-15/16". Seven dies are included for customizing brackets, supports and other parts on the jobsite.
•Stand: .325" Steel Capacity: 5/16'' x 1-1/4'' or 1/4'' x 1-15/16'' mild steel
•Maximum bar stock diameter: 5/8"
•Handle telescopes to 44"
•7 dies included4 mounting holes on base plate

Specifications

Name
Compact Bender

SKU

Brand
Central Machinery

Color
Gray

Diameter
Round Stock: 5/8 in.

Material
Steel

Handle Length (in.)
44 in.

Product Height
39-3/4 in.

Product Length
35-3/4 in.

Product Weight
44 lbs.

Product Width
10-1/8 in.

Accessories Included
7 Dies

I have the compact bender pictured up top and yes it only comes with dies for flat stock / solid stock. I did make some tube dies but have yet to really test it out. I also have the HF tube roller. I absolutely love that thing. It does come with dies for cleanly rolling tube (not pipe) stock into shape.

here is items right out of the box....
20121227_213253.jpg

Kind of hard to make out in the bad picture but you can see the stand I mounted the roller on..

20130216_172239_resiz_zps4075cdd7.jpg

slowriderz said:
Be sure to check the on line flyer at HF also, They always have a discount coupon that could save you a few bucks.
I had forgot about that. I usually get those 20% out of those ads that come out of the paper, I need to find a few more

Latest posts

Back