Pittsburgh Freecycle find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is the 3rd bike I have gotton off of freecycle. It is a subscribed to forum, and nothing can be sold. Its made to save things from the landfills. I have given gallons of paint away, car parts,etc. Got this extra tall Ross 10-speed today
DSCI0802.jpg

not sure if Im gonna buy tires for it and TRY to ride it, or use it for its tubing, and make me a burrito. I have a girls 10 speed,all pink, including the tires and seat, to use it's steel,too..

Around here that with new tires and a good cleaning could bring $125-$150. I'd fix it and flip it but that's just me. However if I had a welder I'd probably like to make a burrito.

Is it easier to sell a Burrito or a nice clean big frame Commuter? Factor in whether it a pain in the Kiester to do a build. I don't know about your area, but there are always an abundance of lesser bikes to harvest for tubing. I realize that it's not a $2000 ultralight roadbike, but most folks can't afford those anyway. One of these days I'm going to find a tall framed Filet-Brazed Schwinn Super Sport and make it into an Upright Position Touring bike with some decent Up position bars and other lightweight goodies. It won't be the lightest or best bike I can get, but it'll be what I want for a guy like me. It will also be 180 degrees from what I find most pleasing to my eyes, i.e. 30's-50's Balloon Tire Cruisers.
Go ahead and do what you want,it's yours. I just thought it was too good to chop up. :)

I guess Ill buy tires,grips,bartape, and new brake pads, and flip it. Unless my brother wants it.Frame really is in nice shape. Shimano hardware. I need to get off the couch and do work in the garage, but its so darn cold......

Voyager Al said:
I guess Ill buy tires,grips,bartape, and new brake pads, and flip it. Unless my brother wants it.Frame really is in nice shape. Shimano hardware. I need to get off the couch and do work in the garage, but its so darn cold......
All the more reason to flip it and buy a propane heater. :wink:

I USED to work for a company that did what is called 5S. We threw away anything that was laying around, not being used immediately. SO, I got a brand new 110volt 4 gallon water heater, still in box, and a 800 dollar electric heater, from graingers. Still unopened. 220 volt, and the company threw away the wire I needed to wire it up. So, yea, I have heat and hotwater, for free, in my 1 car garage.
Its awesome. I got alot of free stuff in the 5 years I was there. I left 2 weeks ago,to work for a company that actually communicates with their employees,has a plan, to prosper and last. And I cant see them throwing away much. I smile,again......... :D

Latest posts

Back