Planet X

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20221018_172532.jpg
IMG_20221018_172551.jpg

I can't cruise this cockpit for long so it's time to change things up.

Very skinny . . . 27”x1-1/8” ?

Those wheels would look good on my wheelless Centurion. Unfortunately it would make a too-tall bike even taller lol.

Wanna get rid of them? 😉
carbon fiber I believe... let me get them unwrapped. Maybe. I've got a few nice aluminums too, including a killer Raleigh set with matching stem.
Very skinny . . . 27”x1-1/8” ?

Those wheels would look good on my wheelless Centurion. Unfortunately it would make a too-tall bike even taller lol.
700 x 23c

carbon fiber I believe... let me get them unwrapped. Maybe. I've got a few nice aluminums too
Let me know!

I'd much rather repurpose from the folks at RRB then give my money to Amazon. But push comes to shove I have to order parts anyhow

Last edited:
Let me know!

I'd much rather repurpose from the folks at RRB then give my money to Amazon. But push comes to shove I have to order parts anyhow
Not CF just lightweight aluminum black.
IMG_20221019_233100.jpg
IMG_20221019_233117.jpg

Yours if you want them.

Bar tape color is perfect! With that new stretched position on the bars, maybe Planet X 's name should be
"To Infinity, And Beyond!" :crazy:

As much as the color is awesome, I also dislike the foam wrap look. It's not as smooth as I'd like it to be and the more I peruse the TT thread, that I've posted a couple of places, the more I think I'm going to wrap over the foam in a contrasting color with some good Newbaum' s cloth tape. Maybe orange. Orange would be a classic racing combo with the light blue especially if I can find a few choice bits in a matching orange anodized. Seat clamp, tire caps and such. Harder to find but would really pop would be an orange inner chain ring. Hmm.

I loath posting an incomplete build so the Planet X while it is a complete bike will not make it to the "Finished" Thread.
I found some new 700 x 25 tires in a purple that will go right on and then we'll see if I rewrap in orange or purple or maybe even red to really clash. But no free cash to spend and really just ignoring this build for most of the time available is my own fault. Still a great bike tho so no regerts lol.

Latest posts

Back