Planeview Pedal - Wichita (Photos Added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2011_Planeview_Pedal.jpg

This Saturday, June 18th. We'll pedal along the Planeview path, past historic Joyland, through historic Planeview, stopping by Wichita Safe Street's Safety Fair & bike Give-Away where we'll spread a little custom and classic bicycle love.

The ride leaves 10:00am from the West side of the Checkers parking lot at Pawnee & K-15 (map).

This is a leisurely family ride.

Re: Planeview Pedal - Wichita

LowpowerD said:
Can't make it this time, I've got to work. Have fun!
OK. I appreciate the effort you put forth to attend the events down here.

It was kind of a last minute deal to turn this in to a ride. Not for sure how far we'll ride. The ride to the safety fair we'll be pretty short. We can ride more we'll see how it goes. Supposed to be 100+ degrees. We'll should beat the hottest part of the day though.
Bring water and sunscreen!

Oh and I believe they are giving away a bunch of bikes to kids. I don't know the details of the give-away yet though.

Had a good time on the ride, got to see the old Joyland park... kinda sad to see it all torn up like that though. Weather was really nice... it was warm, but not too hot.

Neat event, we pretty much almost missed it, but did get to witness the kids getting to leave with their free bikes. As far as saving that one bike...

Im kinda torn on the deal... On one hand I could tell the kid really didnt want the bike, and thought to myself that the bike would have just gotten trashed anyways.

Other hand... the event was supposed to be for kids to get free bikes, I did give the kid a few bucks.... so I think in the end he was happy.

But bottom line... I couldnt let the bendix 2 speed kickback hub go bye bye. it will have a much better life now! :mrgreen:

Yeah I don't think that boy was necessarily thrilled he got a girls bike anyway. I think it was a more than fair deal for the kid.
I was thinking it might have benefit this organization more if they would have let us look at and purchase bikes prior to the event. Then they could have went and bought a few new bikes.

Thanks for coming out Mitch.

After looking at the pics...I'm not really sure what I should say...even though it was for a good cause...I love to see kids with/on bikes...but I have a strange feeling that those kids didn't want "old" bikes.

Latest posts

Back