PLEASE HELP! Electronics trouble!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My mind is about to spin! I'm having trouble finding a new resistor for an item I'm trying to fix. I'm sure I can find it, but I don't know where to look. Hopefully it is the only thing (besides the corroded wires). It is a 5-color band resistor. The colors are brown, red, green, yellow, and red. According to my reading, dad's old engineering notes, and google, this indicates a 1.25M Ohm resistor with 20% tolerance.

Now, this reading seems very high for what I am working on, see pic below:

2108.jpg

A rare 1996 Intergalactic Buzz Lightyear Action Figure. If I can get him to live, he will undergo as full of a restoration as possible.

I do this as kind of a side hobby to try and bring these old toys back, I had a Jeff Gordon Jurassic Park car die on my operating table this week due to corrosion on the circuit board. Hopefully this particular part is not too expensive. I hope I can get this done rather quickly, I have plenty more things to get done and off my work table.

The culprit:
2111.jpg

Oh thank you! Star Command wishes you luck on your quest. :mrgreen:

Hey Parts,I forwarded this to my Pops

He's an Electronics WHIZ from way back in the day.(He forgot more than I'll ever know)

I'll see what he says for ya.

Any luck in the parts bins? I'll have a look at that link.

outskirtscustoms said:
Might check Radio Shack if you haven't already.

Nope. First place I tried.

According to http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/resistor_color_code.php

you're looking for 1.25 M Ohms, 2% tolerance (this is a non-standard value) a 5 band resistor is typically a high quality, low tolerance resistor. Low end 1.225, high end 1.275.

I found two 1.2 M ohm, 5% tolerance resistors (4 band, more common). Low end 1.14, high end 1.26.

You're welcome to them if you want them, PM me your address.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Hey Parts,Here is my POP's reply for ya...

TELL HIM TO GO ON GOOGLE AND TYPE IN "CARBON RESISTOR COLOR CODE" FROM THE COLORS THAT HE TYPED IN , IT WOULD BE 12542 OHMS. AND FROM THE PICTURE THAT HE SHOWS, IF YOU READ IT BACKWARDS, IT WOULD BE 24521 OHMS. HOPE THIS HELPS HIM.
DAD

We hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back