Please help ID... Skyrider/Pilot???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty new to bicycles, especially vintage bikes but I picked this beauty up the other day and am already all-in. Have been searching/learning the last couple days but am still not exactly sure what this is. Early 60's AMF? Firestone? Other Sears brand? No serial number to speak of. Looks pretty similar to other bikes that seem to be pretty common but I'm not certain and haven't found anything about this head badge: "Pilot".

IMG_0029 by James Beresford, on Flickr

The stem and bars are obviously not original, nor is the seat pictured here though I do have the original red/white one that came with it (really rough). Not sure if the wheels are orig either.

IMG_0025 by James Beresford, on Flickr

IMG_0026 by James Beresford, on Flickr

Can't make anything of whats left of this decal...
IMG_0027 by James Beresford, on Flickr

Looking forward to this project and any help ID'ing is much appreciated. Cheers!

Mid 60s amf. That badge may likely be from an older bike. The shape was used by amf's predecessor, Cleveland Welding Co. But by the early 60s, badges were reduced to plain aluminum rectangles, and then mere decals. -Adam

Mid 60s amf. That badge may likely be from an older bike. The shape was used by amf's predecessor, Cleveland Welding Co. But by the early 60s, badges were reduced to plain aluminum rectangles, and then mere decals. -Adam

Awesome! Thanks for the info Adam.

The fact that it's a brass badge was my first red flag. Though one never knows, they could've had some leftovers at the factory! I think Pilot was a store brand, not to be confused w/Firestone's Pilot model. -Adam

Latest posts

Back