please help me identify

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it a murray? If I get it I plan on putting a 2 stroke kit on it. It kind of looks like a space liner but I'm not sure. Is it a 26? That's a long seat tube if it is
thanks

That's a 70's AMF bike. They had a few "different" style frames back then. The tires should have the size on the sidewalls.

Thanks!
I don't own it yet. I'm looking at it (among other bikes) Monday morning. Now that I know it's an amf avenger I think it might be a 24".
I guess I'll find out monday

I'll be danged if it isn't a 26. The seller and my new BFF James said he got it from a barn in rural Missouri. Is it rare? who cares, it's an AMF. I was going to get rid of the nanner but it may be just what the doctor ordered.

It almost looks like a cross between a muscle bike and a mixtie. I'm going to put a China girl engine on her, some new wheels and give it a rattle can job. Plus I want to re cover the nanner. I'll keep you posted on the build in another thread. Wish me luck

It oughta work out fine. I would take the frame and forks down to bare metal and check all the welds and everything, if it's going to be motorized.

it looks like it is an amflite cobra from amf. I'm stripping the blue paint off and while taking the fork off I saw it was gold underneath. So I guess it looked like this at one time
This example is from the 60s

Those are cool frames with the twin top tubes that extend back as the seat stays. Nice project. I envision seeing those twin tubes being a cool mounting point for a stick shift or cover with a plate similar to the one behind the seat tube then paint in a cool Kustom 60's way.

it looks like it is an amflite cobra from amf. I'm stripping the blue paint off and while taking the fork off I saw it was gold underneath. So I guess it looked like this at one time
This example is from the 60s
I stand corrected, that's a 60's bike unless it's a 1970 model. In 1971 they started putting the BMI sticker on the seat tube.

On closer inspection it had a western flyer branded tire and the rear rim said M.O. Manufacturing -the rim is made by Murray. I wonder if murray made AMF's rims and it was branded western flyer. Or its just a frankenbike

Latest posts

Back