Polecat (BO17)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work on the paint-ina ! Blends right in with the original.

RaT oN~!

I bought this steel lugged stem for another bike but it wasn't the right size, it should look good on this bike.
9v3BSY9.jpg

Your humidity is killer. 96F is not bad here in Sacramento at 12% humidity. 35% would kill me. Like working in a sauna.
81F with 81% humidity here. The store cooler windows are so fogged up you can’t see what’s inside. I’ve been working in half hour shifts. Bike work, yard work, trim on my wood shed, bike work, etc. It’s overcast so the sun isn’t a problem. It’s, muggy and sweaty out, but not as bad for work as -20F. It’s going to start raining with thunder storms pretty soon. That should drop the temp by 10 degrees.

You Youpers got it tough! I’m wondering now if the high humidity keeps the mosquitoes from flying?

The heat here has killed them all off.
This humidity is unusual for us. It feels like spring in Missouri. It’s uncomfortable but not from the temperature. I don’t know why the air has been so still and muggy all day. They keep pushing back the time the rain will get here. It’s predicted to be 70sF tomorrow. Not too many biting bugs here in August. If you get caught bicycle riding in an august rain it will be freezing cold.

Here in the "frozen" north, we're experiencing highs over 100°f when the humidity is factored in. I couldn't even sit in the shade in front of a fan yesterday to drink a beer. Had to drink it in the basement, because central air wasn't up to the task of cooling the upper level.

Here in the "frozen" north, we're experiencing highs over 100°f when the humidity is factored in. I couldn't even sit in the shade in front of a fan yesterday to drink a beer. Had to drink it in the basement, because central air wasn't up to the task of cooling the upper level.
We went west 65 miles today. This morning on the radio the weatherman said the further west in the UP the warmer it was going to be. It was 77F when we left and an hour later in Marquette it was 87. On the way home at sunset and moon rise it was 71F. I love how it usually cools off up here at night. It’s miserable when it stays hot at night, but that’s a little unusual.

No joke, 78F is a little too warm. Outside work makes you sweat, which is unacceptable. 65F, sunny with calm winds is perfect. You can ride a bicycle and not get hot and sweaty. As far as I’m concerned it can be 65F all summer. I don’t live up here for it to be 78F. Right now it’s perfect, 61F, sunny and light north winds. When I lined in San Antonio and New Orleans I spent most of my time in bed with a fan, unless I was working. It’s also bright, you really need sunglasses, and not to look cool like folks do up here. I also hate how it gets dark so fast, no lingering twilight until 11PM in the summer. You can’t go for a walk in the woods or on a hiking trail in the evening without a flashlight. We also got no gahoodie monsters, like crockagators, venomous snakes or killer bees. We do have bears, but not as many as southern Appalachia. I also see wolves, coyotes and last month a mountain lion. They are rare, I’ve only seen two.

Memorial Day on Lake Superior. Wonderful weather.
E502ECDC-8146-4D57-9641-56A8BB21EE9E.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back