Polecat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG

Reaction score
fs26.JPG

This bike started out as a rusty ladies Free Spirit. I converted it to a mens frame with a curved seat tube and hellenec style seat stays, while attempting to keep the original patina. All the tubing is from Murray built bikes. All the parts that were replaced were left over from other builds.
fs27.JPG

fs28.JPG

fs29.JPG

This is the bike when I started.
FS0.JPG

You can see the build thread here. https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/polecat-bo17.115689/

Great job on this one. The frame redesign is terrific. I love the way you got it to look like it's just always been that way. Super cool!

Such a wonderful way to re imagine the traditional diamond frame. Sorta GT but never to be mistaken for a GT. I really like that. Very creative craftsmanship. It looks like the bike would be a fairly normal feeling ride. Good work.

Great simple stretch with Murray tubing and a curved seat mast to boot. I love how all the tubing blends together plus it looks really comfortable to ride.

Nice clean look here, everything makes sense and seems intentional. Top work!

Latest posts

Back