Poor Orphans.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Except for the Twin Truss Rods it was a day of swappin' for Orphans.

One Pedal - Repop?

A Carlisle with some miles and a NOS Typhoon Cord. Look at all that scrap rubber on that one.

In Rust we Truss:

Darn, I have an orphan pedal just like that but mine is a left side also. Two orphans. Gary

I've got lots of orphans, mostly grips and tires. Someday I will find mates for them or build a bike entirely out of orphans where nothing matches. I do have one bike that has two mis-matched pedals only because I couldn't find the others and I been too lazy to fix it.

B607 said:
Darn, I have an orphan pedal just like that but mine is a left side also. Two orphans. Gary
Just take the spindle out and throw in one from a right side.

outskirtscustoms said:
I've got lots of orphans, mostly grips and tires. Someday I will find mates for them or build a bike entirely out of orphans where nothing matches. I do have one bike that has two mis-matched pedals only because I couldn't find the others and I been too lazy to fix it.
Ooh... I like that idea! You could take it far, like weld two fork halves together so that they're slightly different on the two sides. Maybe make the handlebars slightly different heights, like it's made from two sets.

The bike would have to have two different sized wheels, of course. Now that project sounds kind of fun.

Latest posts

Back