Possible sale: What's it worth?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
My son won 2nd place with this rat in the last MBBO. But Mom says he has too many bikes and something has got to go. He's reluctantly thinking of parting with this one. It's a '69 AMF Renegade frame and a hodge-podge of rat parts that look great together IMO. I'd like your ideas on what we could reasonably expect for it.

KbWrf4.jpg

Hide it up in the rafters and show a 50 dollar bill from the guy who just bought it.

Is it a space thing? If so, disassemble and store. Imagine him 10 years from now, finding it and putting back together "my old rat bike that I built as a kid"

Just my .02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love Tank's idea.
But, if you gotta sell it,........I really don't know muscle bike prices, but I would think it would bring $200+ on ebay. Just a wild guess.

Is it a space thing? If so, disassemble and store. Imagine him 10 years from now, finding it and putting back together "my old rat bike that I built as a kid"

Just my .02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1. This is the best move. It's a 20" bike, right? Those don't take up much space. The $100 or whatever he could get by selling it is absolutely insignificant to the value your son might see in it 20 years from now....Store that thing.

On a similar note, my Father-in-Law has kept 2 cars for his children: my wife's 1992 Pontiac Firebird Formula and her brother's 1989 Thunderbird. Each car was its respective owners' first car, and when they wanted to sell them, he insisted on buying them. They're not worth much according to KBB.com, but he sees a different sort of value in them. He's been fixing them up slow, and his idea is to give'm back in the future, once his kids hit a midlife crisis and start feeling nostalgic. I think that's an awesome idea.

I agree on keeping it. Do what I do....I have 2 bikes hidden in pieces throughout my shed and garage. They're worth more to me than what someone will pay.

Only difference is my Dad is making me sell them not Mom! :headbang:

Latest posts

Back