Possibly a Columbia Ballooner?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Morning from Connecticut,

I need some help please, I have an old boys bike without a headbadge, measures 20 inches from the bottom of the crank to the top of the seat post hole, has what may be the outline of a Columbia (oblong shape with a diagonal slash). S/N M505981. Has a good frame, forks, chain guard, nice crank and sprocket, slightly rusted front hub, beat (but repairable) fenders, good org paint, crank, sprocket and rear hub & brake are very nice...brake says Elgin on it. Seat is beat, has two springs on rear and one up front. Missing the chain, wheels and handlebars. I was told it was an Iver but recently a RRB member corrected me on that (oops)

Anyone know what it is? How much its worth in its current condition...value if complete and nice looking??

Thanks,

BARTO

Nothing? Bummer! How about this....As stated in my post, the outline of the old headbadge is still there and is oblong in shape with a diagonal slash...That was a Columbia headbadge...correct? Are there any other Headbadges with that style or shape?

BARTO

Yep! Post them pics right on here! The more the easier to identify., be sure to get a whole bike shot in there somewhere.. the type of hubs may help ID., the shape of the dropouts..

OK, guess I need to stop messin around and learn how to place photos on the site...I'm guilty!!...I need a 12 year old to teach me how to do it (or read the instructions sent to me by Rat Rod)

Thanks Wildcat - I tried to look up the S/N online but coulden't find anything. I did find a Columbia site but nothing was shown starting with "M".

BARTO

Thanks Wildcat, I just checked out...correct you are 1949...this 66 year old beast now needs to make it back to the road.

BARTO

Latest posts

Back