Post graduate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
like I needed another project lol
I had to play here is a set of 700C x 38 tires on a Lime green 76 Varsity frame

SU1HMDIwNzIuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDIwNzEuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDIwNzAuanBn.jpg

I was wondering about brake reach with the 700c wheelset and test fit the one off the Trek 1000 and it reached easy and it got me thinking so I robbed this wheelset off a 90s hybrid now maybe an alloy seatpost and a road seat up high and the small sprocket from a varsity crank and an old school suntour thumb shifter I wonder if the Schwinn dérailleur will go 7 speeds lol

Here are some pics of my Schwinn.I used the original brakes, although with Ritchey pads. I had to file the slot to fit the 700c wheels.
IMG_0077-1.jpg

IMG_0073-1.jpg

IMG_0076-1.jpg

IMG_0071-1.jpg

Yes. It originally had the Schwinn 26" wheels. It is a little different now. I took the Brooks vinyl Racing saddle off and put a Selle Royal Drifter on. I also changed the rear cog to a 22, and put a NOS old S/A thumbshifter on. It is a little too small for me. My wife and daughter ride it.

Haha good lord! I'm surprised they fit! Thanks for sharing. I'll keep this in mind when I have the money for a new wheel set on my collegiate.

Interestingly enough, this was actually used at college. It has a Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo sticker on it. The guy that owns the LBS I frequent gave it to me. Someone gave it to him(they were going to throw it away). He figured I'd put it to good use.

Back