post trike pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: trikes pictures of them

ill post the ones i have saved

35522525.jpg

sgtrtwtwt.jpg

df35351.jpg

000_0163.jpg

this is the first bike/trike i ever built ..... rode it to work every day for a long time .. then had a bit of a wreck tweeked the frame tried to do a major change and it never quite worked out after that .... now it just sits in the shed waiting for me to rebuild it again

my current project looks just like Locojoe's sun trike ...the before pic anyway

found this one a while ago kept the pic to remind me that "some one has all ready done that".

asylum.jpg

this is the one that got away missed out on a craigslist find last summer

cooollbikefirtrevor.jpg

just ot let you know, the first rat rod bike i ever did was a trike. man that thing was BAD. but this was way before there was such a thing as digital camera. so i will have to search up and down for a pic of it. the stats were something like this:
frame was a throw away from the neighbors (beach cruiser) 26"
schwinn springer fork
20" 72 spoke rims and white wall tires
black velvet banana seat
ape hangers
flat black and chrome everywhere.
the one thing that i loved about the bike, was that it was a booze cruize bike and you cant call off of a trike, unless you really try! so keep up the post
you wont believe who just called, it is my friend that has that bike and i am going to try to get it from him.
pics to follow

The tandem trike looks good. It should be a fun ride - and you can just stop peddling when you get tired and sit for a while.

Are you gonna throw on some pegs for the person in back to rest their feet on since it looks like you intend to have the driver do all of the peddling. Maybe you plan to put a second crank on it, though.

WOW something you had a hand in or found on the net??? more info????? some kind of poly fabric with hardener over it to make the frame cover?????

info info!!!!! LOL

I just posted it in other bikes.. Its my friend's trike.. I will try to answer any questions I can. The tank and rear is fiberglass..same as speaker enclosures..

Greetings.

First time poster here. I had to de-lurk when I saw a thread requesting trike pictures since my son and I just built a tadpole trike (two wheels in front) from a chopped mtb, spare parts and alchemy. I'm liking it so far.

Here's a Photobucket Gallery.

It's our first build of any kind, first time welders and all. I got to say I have the fever! I could weld ten frames for the same bike parts. I hope everyone enjoys. :)

UnfinishedTadpoleTrikeInYourFace1.jpg

We have a blog documenting the build from start to maybe-someday-finish at:
http://steubenswheelmen.blogspot.com

We just use head/ steering tubes from donor bikes, and they have a big fat half inch thick slab of metal with a hole drilled through it for the 14mm axles of the bmx wheels on the front. The half inch thick slab is itself two pieces of quarter inch plate welded together. In retrospect a couple of forks would do. ;p A tie rod connects the two sides together. The rod and spherical joints we bought from http://www.midwestcontrol.com.

Here's a close-up of the metal tab with drilled hole for the axle, attached to the steerer tube that normally fits inside a head tube. It has to be welded at a precise angle so your wheel sets on a center point and steers correctly. That angle being "eyebology".
TabWeldedtoSteeringTube.jpg

I hope that helps. I go into it in a little more detail on my build blog at http://steubenswheelmen.blogspot.com. Look in the early posts.

guess i should have looked at your blog first :oops: sorry bout that, i just assumed it had aftermarket spindles when i saw the steering linkage parts. i would love to build a 4w buggy bike sometime, might steal/borrow some of your ideas if ya dont mind. thanks for the pics !!!

Here is my other Trike. It's an Alco Rambler 3. I only know of 4 Alco brand Trike in the US at this time. From my research there was a bike shop in Florida and apparently the rebadged and triked some bikes. Mine is the Rambler, the other 3 are Villagers.

10-28-2006bikes-and-moodysupport-3.jpg

Latest posts

Back