Post War Fiets Cross, Velo Cross, Gravel Pit/Bomb Crater Cross Tribute.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool background information for the basis of your build. This should be cool.

Those bugs are crazy!!! It's like something from Moses!!
What's next? The parting of Lake Michigan????

1684164820156.png

I need to finish two, perhaps three bike projects that I started before my hand surgery. I need the space before I can start on the tribute build off bike. How did all these projects pile up on me? I’m putting the finishing touches on my vintage Triumph motorcycles, I have to finish my Claud Butler track bike, my 50s Columbia and my 50s AMF. Yesterday I finished a one and a half handed built rear wheel for the AMF. Took it a little at a time over three days. This is a give away bike so I’ll have more room. My fused finger is sore this morning from the wheel build.View attachment 230656
Great background story and bike. Its tough working with sore hands. All the best for recovery.

It’s 47 degrees and the bug blizzard is, I hope, peaking. It’s not as buggy as usual so maybe I’m being optimistic. Anyway, about 10 more days and the bugs will diminish and perhaps then I can collect all my parts, and see what I still need. I went into town this past weekend, stayed at my daughters place, to assemble a give away bike as I need space. It’s almost finished. Here is what I did, but it’s not the build off bike. I might take it inside the house to put on the rear fender. A bike like this, finished and even painted, is only worth $50-75 tops here.
574D6A26-F074-499C-B00D-D11552EFF6E2.jpeg

It’s 47 degrees and the bug blizzard is, I hope, peaking. It’s not as buggy as usual so maybe I’m being optimistic. Anyway, about 10 more days and the bugs will diminish and perhaps then I can collect all my parts, and see what I still need. I went into town this past weekend, stayed at my daughters place, to assemble a give away bike as I need space. It’s almost finished. Here is what I did, but it’s not the build off bike. I might take it inside the house to put on the rear fender. A bike like this, finished and even painted, is only worth $50-75 tops here.View attachment 233506
It’s done, except for the head badge. Today I also put passenger foot rests on my motorcycle. Next, I have to finish painting and assembling my Claud Butler track bike and build wheels for my 50s Columbia. Then I can work on the build off bike.
CC81011F-F00B-476E-A154-4AF727E4AF7A.jpeg

Everyone agrees, this is the worse year anyone, including me at 77 years, can remember for mosquitos. Summer residents have left, people aren’t mowing lawns and I’m not getting any projects or chores done. It gets worse every day. Repel for cloths and bug dope don’t do it, they still bite. I go into my garage and I inhale them in my nose. You can hear them buzzing outside. They come inside when you open the door. I’m not even going to try and work on the build off bike. I run outside, cut down a 6 inch diameter tree and run inside. Took me 4 days to cut it into 8 pieces. Bad bad. I have to stack wood, done a few pieces at a time. Wood stacking is 3/4 finished. Unless it gets normal in a few days I’m quitting the build off.

Yep, agreed on the mosquito infestation. Not quite to your level of frustration,but def the worst summer in 25 yrs at our place in NW Wisc.

Latest posts

Back